PS4 is in development

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2011-05-26-sony-is-working-on-playstation-4

So, Nintendo is about to unveil project Cafe at E3, Sony has started working on the Playstation 4...

But what about Microsoft? seeing that Generation 8 is soon to be upon us in console where do you think Microsoft will stand with the new Xbox? What are your thoughts on the new consoles in general? Personally I hope Microsoft plans on announcing something soon. The last thing they need is to fall behind in the console race if they want to keep the edge over Sony and have any shot of beating out Nintendo. As for the consoles I am very curious to see what they will bring to what we already have and don't with the Wii, Ps3 and Xbox360.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 2 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Hopefully these consoles still have a good lifespan ahead of them, I for one am not in any hurry to throw down the cash for new consoles. Hell I just bout my 250 gig slim 5 months ago >.>

This is no surprise, but I don't see it releasing for awhile. PS3 and 360 still has plenty of life left.

http://www.develop-online.net/news/37618/Develop-source-New-Xbox-console-on-desks-at-EA

According to that article MS has already begun working on a new Xbox and it could be released as early as late 2012. The article also originally stated that the new Xbox could be announced at E3 but in an update they said that an E3 announcement is highly unlikely.

I also remember reading something sometime ago about a possible Sega console, would surprise me if Sega tried to take on the big three after getting beat by Sony and Nintendo years ago though.

[quote user="WakingTheFa11en"]

Hopefully these consoles still have a good lifespan ahead of them, I for one am not in any hurry to throw down the cash for new consoles. Hell I just bout my 250 gig slim 5 months ago >.>

[/quote]

I'm in the same boat, Only got My slim a few months ago so I'd like to get My monies worth. Saying that though, As long as they carried on supporting the 360 (unlike the original Xbox) I wouldn't really care that much.

[quote user="xEnvoy of Chaos"]PS4 is in development

[/quote]

Next you're going to tell me the sun will come up from the east tomorrow and then later set in the west.

PS4 being in development isn't news.  It's been in development since PS3 launched in 2006.  The next Nintendo console has been in development since 2006.  The next Xbox has been in development since 2005.  You know how I know this without needing news articles saying so?  Because that's how this industry always works!  New hardware being in development is never, ever news.  It's always a given.

[quote user="Goatsnatcher"]

I'm in the same boat, Only got My slim a few months ago so I'd like to get My monies worth. Saying that though, As long as they carried on supporting the 360 (unlike the original Xbox) I wouldn't really care that much.

[/quote]

Off-topic but what kind of husky is your dog.

You'll probably have more then enough time time get your monies worth because the consoles are suppose to be on a ten year cycle. That should be around 2014/2015.

This kinda ticks me off, seeing that there is still life in these consoles. Hopefully they wont be released anytime soon.

lol Right? I got my slim as a gift from my parents in December. To find out that the couple hundred bucks they dropped for a console, extra controller and 60 dollar game was all in vain would be extremely disappointing. Honestly I don't see project cafe as a threat, its what the Wii should have been in my opinion, so Nintendo is trying to get it out early to attempt to undo a major F-up that was the Wii.

[quote user="Assassinator010"]

This kinda ticks me off, seeing that there is still life in these consoles. Hopefully they wont be released anytime soon.

[/quote]

Some might disagree with you there, but I agree with you. The consoles still have plenty of potential maybe except the Wii. I don't know what to say about that.