Proper Domination Play Style?

So I was on HC Dom on Overflow last night, in the first half I made it my mission to keep the enemy out of the middle room overlooking B, and to watch over our A flag. The entire enemy team kept going to the alley leading to the overlook room, so naturally I got quite a few kills from it. At halftime I was 20-5, with 0 caps and 2 defends.

A couple of guys on my team were complaining that I was playing TDM in a Dom match. HUH?!?! Because I didn't have any caps and more kills than them I wasn't playing the objective? My efforts to keep the enemy from posting up in that B flag overlook wasn't beneficial to my team? I wasn't running around slaying and flipping spawns, if anything I was camping our half of the map to allow our team the freedom to hold B at almost full strength.

It got me thinking, what exactly is proper Domination play? Do you HAVE to have lots of caps / defends to be playing this mode legit? Can't a guy still play the objective without caps / defends? I understand their train of thought as far as being a killw**re or whatever, but lots of kills can still be gotten WHILE playing the objective. What exactly is the objective?

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 4 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

The objective is to win and if you feel that you helped your team to win then don't listen to these people,It would be different if you lost and did'nt cap anything.They could have been jelly that you went pos maybe.

To me it seems you'll have whiners over anything and everything.  I'll have matches where I'll have a dozen or so caps and 7 defends and kills.  Win or lose sometimes I'll have paople *** cause I don't have enough kills.  If I didn't have all those caps and defends we would have lost cause the rest of the team was killing.  Then it will be vice versa.  I'll have 20 kills 3 caps and 2 defends.  Win or lose some will ***.  It's just children from 12 - 50 you're dealing with.  Face to face thay'd keep their traps shuts.  

Imo its all good as long as you are doing what its takes to win. When I'm capping I appreciate that guy doing nothing but killing, I have to credit my caps to how well he's doing his job.

The only time it bothers me in dom is when the slayers pay absolutely no attention to what's going on. If they keep concenterating on 2 or 3 easy targets off in some odd place on the map to pad their k/d and making me battle 3 guys to cap, thats not a good thing.

I think it's also based on the fact that you said that at halftime you were 20-5. Your team was probably mad that they didn't have those stats. IMO just keep playing and if you win then take it as you doing your job.

Just win.  Doesn't matter how.  Even if you run around slaughtering people at such a rate your team can cap freely, you have done a good job.

If you're keeping them off flags, then you're fulfilling a role. You can fulfill that role and still lose, you need teammates to capture the objectives while you kill the enemies.

-

The best players can slay while still capturing the objectives, a party of 6 that can do that is extremely hard to beat and very annoying to play against.

Hey !!!  ......  Look who's back.

Been boring here. Glad to see you have been freed.

If you win, its all good, if you lose and have zero caps, then your a killwhor3.

[quote user="a tired old guy"]

Hey !!!  ......  Look who's back.

Been boring here. Glad to see you have been freed.

[/quote]

I've been unshackled and freed from the basement. I need to get used to the sunlight again.  It burns.

I don’t mind taking point with an LMG, but somebody’s got to take out that camper in the garage?