Promotions Problem

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

Sorry about that

Last Monday and yesterday morning, I checked the marketplace for some add ons for my GTA 4 and it says that it has discounts for people who have gold membership. Later in the afternoon I went to a store to buy some microsoft points. When i came back to buy the add ons i was faced with the error code 80153016 which states then the offer i was attempting to purchase has changed since i retrieved marketplace information. I called the xbox support line for some help and they helped me fixed the problem. After that, when i tried to buy the product again, it no longer has the offer. I was very disappointed as I could have bought two of the add ons with the discount now i only can stick to one of them.  I could have just gone to gamestop to get the cd for the content for the same price if I knew that the GTA IV offer is ending in the afternoon but since a convenience store is closer to my house I chose to buy a card instead. It is really disappointing as the offer ended in the afternoon which i believe is not right compared to removing the offer at midnight. The offer also doesn’t have any expiration date to warn me. I called three times yesterday about this problem. First when I called about the error code, the person told me that they are sorry but they could not do anything about it. The second time is when I called about this promotion problem. The person put me on hold but hanged up on me. The third time I called the line the person mentioned to me your promotion support here on the forum to discuss this problem.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Deals of the Week start every week on Tuesdays. Usually Tuesday mornings the previous deal still shows up until the new deals have been added. It sounds like you just noticed it at the wrong time.

Sorry this didn't help.

Thats pretty misleading isnt it? Why can they just completely remove the offer immediately when tuesday starts. If they removed it immediately I wouldnt have bought a microsoft points card

Sorry this didn't help.

But the last time i checked the offer when it  was still there was like 12 to 1 pm. When i bought the card and tried to buy it around 3 pm there wer some glitches like the 1st add on doesnt have the discount and the 2nd has it. They really need to take it off in an appropriate time like midnight.

Sorry this didn't help.

I'm not sure why they do it, but usually anything they do is done around 9 am eastern time.

Sorry this didn't help.