profile passwords

Hi i have only recently come over to xbox from the PS3 ,The only problem so far i have with xbox is that i cant lock my profile with a password like the playstation. Last week my youngest son while i was at work went into my profile from his own and spent my 800 points on an add on for a game i dont even own ,As far as i can see there is no way of stopping him from doing this other than stopping him going on line ? Why is there no password protection on profiles ? And no refunds for an add on purchase made in error by my son. 

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 2 Applies to:

Xbox accounts can have passcodes.  As an extra measure if security as well, I would recommend moving your account to a usb stick and hiding it when you are not using it.  Here are instructions on how to move your profile to a usb stick.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Unfortunately, I believe the only way is to create a password for your profile. It works like a button combination instead of a standard alphanumeric password. I had a similar issue, except my 3 year old bout 6000 points...

I wish there was a way to just lock out purchasing, or at least remove your credit card info so that I have to enter it every time I want to purchase something. I suppose creating a seperate profile works, but just seems unnecessary to an obvious option to lock purchases with a required password.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.