Producer John Calhoun Speaks on DS3

Found this not too long ago http://www.youtube.com/watch?nomobile=1&v=1kvxgAWfH2E

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

[View:http://www.youtube.com/watch?nomobile=1&v=1kvxgAWfH2E]

I like how yet again, he makes the point that DS3's singleplayer will feel like the previous games.  He said it was made clear to them that the fans wanted the campaign to remain the same.  Co-op is an added bonus.  You don't have to rock it that way if you don't want to.  If someone says, "Well now that there's co-op, that's the end of DS being scary."  Wrong.  You can play through the game a hundred times by yourself if you wish.  If you get scared and/or the game is too hard for you, you switching over to co-op is your fault, not the game for having that option in it.  I hope there's an achievement or a few that show who played through the game by themselves on the harder difficulties, and who didn't.  Like the one in Reach. 

[quote user="Thookins"]

I like how yet again, he makes the point that DS3's singleplayer will feel like the previous games.  He said it was made clear to them that the fans wanted the campaign to remain the same.  Co-op is an added bonus.  You don't have to rock it that way if you don't want to.  If someone says, "Well now that there's co-op, that's the end of DS being scary."  Wrong.  You can play through the game a hundred times by yourself if you wish.  If you get scared and/or the game is too hard for you, you switching over to co-op is your fault, not the game for having that option in it.  I hope there's an achievement or a few that show who played through the game by themselves on the harder difficulties, and who didn't.  Like the one in Reach. 

[/quote]

I hope that their isn't any co-op achievements at all. Or if there is, make it like mass effect 3 where the achievement can be either completed in multiplayer or singleplayer

I'm with you.  Hope like the last game, all achievements are for singleplayer.  They had multiplayer in DS2, but no achievements for it.  Well played.  Like I said in my previous post, hope there's an achievement for beating the most difficult difficulty by yourself as seen in Reach.  That way you can't get 1000 unless you play by yourself.

Here's another interview, nothing really new except he did touch on how the weather and envoirment will effect Isaac & his suite! m.youtube.com/watch