Problems with GTA San Andreas Download

Hello all,

I recently decided to download GTA San Andreas and everything was going well until recently. It seems that whenever I hit a certain part of the city, I get the disc read error even though there is no disc. I've deleted the game and downloaded the game three times, deleted the cache, and deleted other content from my hard drive but I've had no luck. It always occur around the same spot of the game and I am incredibly frustrated. Downloading it again is not fun (horrible download speed) and I am just about out of idea. If anybody could help me out or give me suggestions it would be greatly appreciated. It's a great game and I really hope to play it without trouble.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 3 Applies to:

Hello!

Incase you didn't see, one ironic thing is that the person who posted for help right after you was having the same exact problem! What I think is that it is just a temporary thing and microsoft should have it fixed soon.

Thanks!

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Hey DrMarioPhD2017! Thanks for making your own post! When deleting the game have you tried: deleting the GTA download, clearing system cache, restarting your console and then re-downloading the game? In that specific order? If you have, to no success can you tell me the size of the game file you're trying to download? This information will help me look further into the issue. :)

Sorry this didn't help.

Miss Kleo, I decided to follow your steps another time and I got the same error. I followed exactly what you said but it doesn't seem to help. The size of the game file is 2.87 GB. Any help you could give me would be great, at this point I'm not sure what else can be done.

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey again Dr! Getting that game file size should help our investigation! Can you try something else for us? Instead of re-downloading after clearing your cache and restarting would you actually try downloading 9GB of alternate content to try to write over that space on the HD? And then re-download GTA? Let me know your results! I appreciate your cooperation on this one immensely. :)

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey again Miss Kleo. I proceeded to download 9 GB of alternate content and re-downloaded GTA but it unfortunately did not work. I am unable to get past certain areas of the game without getting the error.

Sorry this didn't help.