Problems with FFB racing wheels persist - Nov 7, 2012

As previously reported since June 2012, problems with FFB racing wheels have been continuously reported as a result of system upgrades performed by Microsoft to Xbox360 consoles. Several upgrades have been performed since the first problems were reported in this forum but all of them have failed to repair the issue. I own a MS wireless force feed back racing wheel. It works just fine while navigating the dashboard menus on the Xbox, with all the controllers or keys on the wheel working properly. As soon as you start playing a game, in my case F1 2011,2012 demo, Forza Motorsport4, the steering wheel has no sensitivity in turning and the cursor keys in any in game menu that requires left or right selection simply do not work. It actually seems like the console "thinks" you are constantly pressing the right cursor. Also, in any in game menu that requires the use of the steering wheel it is very difficult to get any selection done as you are scrolling through the options almost uncontrolably. After 5 minutes of trying you might get there.... Only to find that when trying to race your steering wheel is in full left lock even when you hold it straight and that you simply can not drive. Force feed back? Do not remember what that is anymore....it simply does not work nor is the Xbox "checking" it whenever you turn ithe steering wheel on as it used to. Let's get this fixed once and for all please. I imagine there are a lot of people out there dealing with these issues and surely deserving of a prompt response from Microsoft. Let's forget about the prompt..since 4 months is an eternity in today's world....just get it done!

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 2 Applies to:

Oh, let me just add that cleaning the cache, reapplying system updates and restarting the Xbox does not help.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.