Problems putting MP3 files on xbox using thumb drive.

I tried using a Thumb drive to transfer MP3 files from my computer to my Xbox 360. The xbox said It had to make the thumb drive compatible with it. It did, but after that I looked at the thumb drive in my storage Devices and there wasn't anything on it. I unplugged it and plugged it back into my computer, and it was that it was empty as well, and when I tried putting the music back into the thumb drive folder, it said there was no room. Any explanation, tips?

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 53 Applies to:

It is not possible to transfer MP3 files to the 360 via a thumb drive. The only way to get music on your 360 HDD is to rip  an audio CD. What you have done with the drive, is allow the 360 to format it for use as memory. To get it back to normal you will have to format it as FAT32 on your computer.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

You cannot transfer music to the Xbox with a USB stick. The only way is by Ripping a CD to the Xbox directly or purchasing via Zune/Xbox Music. It formatted your USB stick erasing all content which is why your MP#'s disappeared.

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi Someone2hate,

I believe what happened here was that you put files on a USB stick, then formatted that USB stick to work on a Xbox 360. In that case it would erase all the date on it as it was trying to format the device. The above posters are correct as well. In order to move songs to your Xbox 360 hard drive, you will need to rip a CD to do that. Hope this clears things up and explains where your song files went. Thanks!

Sorry this didn't help.