Problems playing games bought on XBL marketplace

Okay I have bought 3 different games from the XBL marketplace and have a recurring problem with all three. I bought GTA IV, Zone of The Enders HD Collection, and last but not least Dishonored. When I first downloaded GTA IV it was free of issue, but I had to download it again because I formatted my HDD again and now I get a Disc Unreadable error even though I never bought a physical copy. The same problem is also present with Dishonored. The problem that I have with ZoE is that the game lags during cutscenes and then eventually freezes. Any ideas to fix either problem?

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 2 Applies to:

It could be a problem with the HDD (Hard drive), it might not be able to read the game types properly. Do you have an official Xbox HDD? 

-

Also, you could try moving the games to a fast external storage device and run them from there. Make sure that if you use an external storage device, it has nothing else on, and you are allowed to format it to Xbox storage, because it will remove everything on that storage device. 

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Yes, it's an official HDD, for the Xbox 360 S. I don't have anything else that could run these games because all my thumb drives are only 4 GB

Sorry this didn't help.

It sounds like corruption on your hard drive. when a game purchased from the marketplace with no actual physical disc gets a disc read error it usually means there is some form of corruption on the hard drive. Usually the fix for this is to delete the game clear the system Cache (press the guide button,then go to settings,system settings,then storage or memory,highlight the device then select clear system cache.) Then go to the marketplace and download a demo of relative size to the game in question. After doing this download your game once its up and working you can delete the demo. Doing this moves the corruption to a different part of the hard drive, but its important to be said that it may be time to look into getting a new hard drive.

Sorry this didn't help.