Problems downloading - xbox Video on Surface 2

Hi there,

I purchased a Surface 2 for my girlfriends Christmas. She is currently living and working outside the uk (Qatar). My aim was to buy it here in the uk, and through Xbox video, fill it with downloaded films for her to watch when she heads back to Qatar after Christmas.

So I purchased my first film, and after six hours of downloading the film it hit 100%. It was then at this stage that I got an error message. It gives me an option to retry, however this then fails instantly.

The error message is - 0x80004005

I'm now at a stage where I'm stuck. I can't re-download it. And I don't want to pay for another film to again not be able to download it.

If anyone could help I would be very thankful.

Cheers, Peter.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 4 Applies to:

I've taken this from the error page.

[quote user="Error Code: 0x80004005"]

Sign-in issues:

You might hit a sign-in error if:

You're trying to sign in to the app in a country or region where the service is unavailable.

You're trying to sign in on a computer that is in a different country than where your account is based.

Make sure that when you sign in to an app, the country or region set on your computer is the same as the country that your Xbox Live account was created in. If these do not match, you will not be able to sign in.

[/quote]

Does this apply to you?

Xbox Forums moderator. Xbox MVP. r/xboxinsiders moderator. Twitter: @13mxn

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.