Problems buyng games with account money

Hi,

I have a fresh new Xbox Live account, I had added my Paypal to it and was able to purchase some items with it, also I have added 20$ to my Xbox Live Account. Yesterday, I redeemed a 12 month prepaid Xbox Live Gold  and tried to buy something, however, the transaction got denied, I checked and all transactions (except free or ones I already had) were denied, with paypal and account money. I googled and found that there were a lot of people with this problem, and on some places they said they accounts were "locked" due to security, as there was too many purchases on the same account, or long inactive accounts that suddenly started purchasing stuff.

I even removed the Paypal information from my Account, to see if there would be any changes, however the error still happens. I just want to use the money I already added to buy one of the games on this week's special sale. Even if there's something wrong with my account, I don't see the point on blocking the money on it, if there were any problems Microsoft should prevent me from redeeming my code, not using it after it was gone.

How can I fix this? Or is this a temporary problem?

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 2 Applies to:

You will have to phone up billing.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

From the sounds of it you triggered a fraud lock on your card

This happens when you make too many purchases in a short period *creditcard*

Or your purchasing pattern changes and ms thinks your account is compromised like too many purchases in a short period

You can call support to see if a billing lock occurred but I'd check with PayPal and credit card too

Space out your purchases in the future

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.