Problem with Xbox Original titles.

Hi,

I love that I have access to original Xbox games, however there is a problem that extremely bothers me. I can't talk to my friends while I play those games because when I try to play them I'm immediately kicked out of all Xbox live functions and I don't understand why it was designed that way. Is there any way that Microsoft could change this to allow communication with your friends while playing your original Xbox games? If not, why? If there is anyone else who wants this change made please post and make your opinion known. Happy Gaming!

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 6 Applies to:

It has to do with the way the games were designed.

-

Xbox games don't know they are in a 360, so they can't use any features the Xbox didn't have. They don't know what "cross game chat" is (it wasn't invented yet) - that feature was controlled by the game, not the system, back on those days.

-

An analogy would be if you bought a voice controlled car that only understood German. If you don't speak German, it's no different than your old car - you can't use the voice-control only features in it, you're stuck with what you don't need to speak to use. Your xbox game can't speak 360, and that chat program doesn't speak xbox.

-

Basically, if you couldn't do it on the Xbox, you can't do it on the 360, as far as those games go.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.