Problem with playing Gears of War 3

hi, i am having trouble with playing the game. every time i try to play, the whole xbox360 freezes up. I am able to play all of my other games but this one. I am able to go to the main menu but as soon as i try to start any match on any type of play list, it freezes. I have used other profiles and the game works perfectly fine, but when i try to use mine, it always freezes. i have tried my profile on my friends xbox and it works with all games, but when i put in my copy of gears of war 3, it freezes just like on mine. my friend doesnt have gears 3 so i cant test it to see if the problem is only on my disk. I could really use some help.

thanks, Brandon

Discussion Info

Last updated September 5, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

It might be worth recovering your gamertag again to ensure your profile is up to date.

This seems to be a common occurrence i think someone mentioned an update too fix this (maybe), but i'd recommend downloading thee game to our hard drive or calling xbox support hoe it works out for you.  

This solution is really for Gears 2, but it might work for Gears 3. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fQm_6Sh72zg

Gears of War 3 Freezing Problem Persists

Last month, Epic Games started collecting information from its community concerning Gears of War 3 freezing issues. A vocal minority of the player base has been suffering constant lock-ups and profile restrictions since late September. On its official forums, the developer petitioned victims for a detailed analysis of the conditions of their situation. The root of the issue is still to be determined, never mind solved.

Hey, look, this is what Gears 3 is like when it's not in motion.

The affliction causes Gears 3 to freeze on a loading screen, and players are subsequently forbidden from joining game modes of any kind. The suspicion, as seen in the online questionnaire, is that various combinations of beta involvement, connectivity type, application or rejection of the most recent title update, and installation are causing problems. Naturally, it's caused quite a bit of upset. Split-screen Horde in offline multiplayer is the most common thread within offended forum posters, although the issue seems to have affected those in single-player and matchmaking as well.

So, one month later, what's going on with this mess?

Actually, it's not much in the way of new and unexpected. Epic told IGN it's still "working with Microsoft, [quality assurance] and the community" to narrow down the glitch's source. Once it's been weeded out, Epic will eliminate it with a new title update.

Without even a loose time frame for when to expect the update, currently safe players risk running into the same issue, while those affected are locked out altogether. With any luck, a fix will hit well before the RAAM's Shadow DLC update on December 13.

Are you having issues with Gears of War 3? Share your problems with us in the comments, and be sure to chime in with Epic on the "Issues" message board as well.

xbox360.ign.com/.../1210889p1.html

yeah i'm having that problem too. it freezes the whole system when loading. i spent 60 bucks on this game on the midnight i came out and now i can't get even pass the start screen. microsoft and epic better do something about this now.

This happened to me October 29th.  After I beat the game on normal, I watched the end credits, turned off the console.

Then October 31st, I returned home & attempted to play the Pumpkinhead Event & it repeatedly froze on the 3rd cycle of the Loading Indicator   - The same thing happens on ALL attempts to play ANYTHING ONLINE......

HOWEVER, my sons account is in 100% working order... I am also able to be the secondary player on his accound & participate in Online play, but ofcourse this is 2 player....I am only approaching day 6 of this Crap & am already severely pissed, I can only imagine anyone been dealing with this longer...

IT NEEDS TO BE FIXED ASAP...