Problem with Gears of War 1 and 2

Hi, i have a very perculiar problem with the gears of war series.

I have both gears of war 1 and 2, played them both through a couple of times no problems, the discs are still immaculate with not a scratch on them... heres whats happening:

- GOW1, i get a disc unrecognised error when its inserted and wont even load

- GOW2, it gets to the main menu and i get the disc is unreadable, tried a friends GOW2 and it does the same thing.

And the strangest thing is both discs work fine on other xbox's and any other game works prefectly on mine!

any ideas?

Thanks

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 4 Applies to:

To be honest, it may be your xbox's lazer. I had this problem a long time ago with my arcade. It wouldnt read the new black ops disc and so i went out and bought the new gears of war 3 xbox which i still have. Black ops works on it which i am soo happy so yeah. You will most likely have to get a new lazer, new xbox, or if you still have a warranty on it, you can contact xbox support.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Are you having any problems with the x-box reading other discs or just these two? Are the games installed to the Hdd? If not I would give that a go and see If you get better results. Also this page is worth a look has alot of troubleshooting tips as well as info on how to set up a repair ticket for your xbox should you need it.

support.xbox.com/.../disc-drive-solution

Sorry this didn't help.

You guys may want to pay closer attention to the date of the OP. It's 2 years old. Chances are the issue has been resolved by now since he didn't repost.

Sorry this didn't help.