Problem with Forza 5 Motorsport Limited Edition Car Pack - Cannot play Ford Mustang Shelby GT500

I had installed and played Forza 5 Motorsport Limited Edition.  I bought the Limited Edition Ford Mustang Shelby GT500 (the xbox styled one), and it played fine.  I was having issues with the TV app and restored Factory Defaults (before I knew the other fixes).  I reinstalled the Limited Edition game and downloaded the "VIP Pack".  I also re-entered the Limited Edition code, but Xbox said I already had it assigned to my account.

I started up Forza, after reinstalling, and the game shows that I own the Ford Mustang Shelby GT500 (xbox style), but I cannot play it.  In the upper right corner of the car's icon, it says "DLC".  When I select the car from my garage, a pop-up window says "Purchase Options" and stays on a Loading icon indefinitely.  I can cancel out of the pop-up window, but I am not able to proceed with the car.

It looks like when I reinstalled the game, it recognized that I have the car in my Save profile, but I don't think it's downloaded onto my machine.  I can't find the Limited Edition Car Pack anywhere for download, and I don't know how to get it back onto m

I could not find the Limited Edition Car Pack anywhere for download, so I'm confused on what to do.  I would really like to play this car, but I don't know how to get it again.  I can't even purchase it again because the Purchase Options pop-up screen doesn't load.

Does anyone know how I can get this car back without erasing my save game?

This could also be a bug, where maybe I have the car downloaded and I have the save game, but perhaps the link between the two isn't made after the reinstall.  I have no idea.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 1 Applies to: