Problem starting up games

Hey guys just wondering if any1 else is experiencing the same problem, I download the patch and install the game happens to be assassins, and when I start it up it goes through the usual "this is inspired but true events" etc, but while it does that it has white and black boxes flickering around the screen then it gets to the "assassins creed black flag" logo then as it disappears it just freezes then the console turns off and restarts, did the same thing for killer instinct, except with KI I actually got through to the main menu and then it froze. I have tried reinstalling the game and restoring factory settings and then rang support which said to do the same thing I said I already did so waiting for it to reinstall again to try again.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 3 Applies to:

Having same issue with Dead Rising 3 (disk)...game goes to load screen, then promptly returns to home page.  Tried swapping out to Ryse (disk), Forza 5 (disk), and Killer Instinct (download) multiple times.  All worked x3 attempts each.  Tried x3 power recycles with no success.  Ensured game was installed, it was.  Uninstalled/reinstalled DR3.  No help.  Also, NFL app is also behaving the same manner.  Launches to Blue NFL load scrren then promptly returns to home page.  Also, will not allow app to be quit home-screen menu. Hope the info helps bring a fix.  

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

I was able to get this to work by holding my finger over the power button on the console. Keep holding your finger there even after it shuts down. Wait about 30-60 seconds and power your system back on.

After that I was able to play my games again.

Please try to do this.

Sorry this didn't help.

Thanks goes to IndrGmr!  This also worked for me.  Best guess is this is just like a computer, except there are probably some memory leaks going on that is keeping apps from working after a while.  These should get resolved with a patch hopefully soon.  Until then, a soft shutdown doesn't work, and IndrGmr's hard turnoff method clears all memory and should allow everything to work normally again.

Thanks for the advice!

Sorry this didn't help.

Sorry but this hasn't worked for me yet, still get to the same place right after the cutscene when it says "RYSE SOM OF ROME" and then cuts out and restarts the machine

Sorry this didn't help.