Problem playing newly purchased game.

Using Xbox 360 with 120 GB harddrive.

Grand Theft Auto San Andreas, downloaded version.

Purchased downloaded version of Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas July 23, 2012 with Microsoft Points (800)

Today I bought San Andreas from the Xbox Live Marketplace for 800 Microsoft points. After playing for a short time, an error message showed up saying "There is a problem with the disc you are using, it may be scratched or dirty." I've tried exiting the game, shutting down the system, but shortly after I get the game going again the same message pops up. I DOWNLOADED the game, there is no disc to get scratched or dirty...

This is extremely annoying to say the least, especially since I only decided to purchase because of the information provided when buying the game. It was somewhere along the lines of "This game has been successfully tested to play on the Xbox 360 console, and the only problems to be expected are momentary changes/faults in the audio/video." Obviously this is not written exactly, but the idea is the same; I purchased the game because I was under the impression that what i was buying would WORK.

I did NOT buy this game to play the introduction over and over again, this is a problem that needs to be fixed; especially when I was assured at the time of purchase that problems like this would not arise.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

Greetings, Joke2Smoints. Thank you for bringing your question to the forums. Rockstar has a guide for how to resolve issues downloading this title: support.rockstargames.com/.../20370146-how-to-resolve-issues-with-the-xbox-live-downloadable-version-of-san-andreas. This is what SoulDog is alluding to in their post. Can you give the steps listed there a shot and let us know if this helps sort things out? Thanks very much!

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Hey Joke. Heres the fix that I would try. Go to your storage device and then games and apps. Then find San Andreas, Look at the size in GB of the game. Then delete it. Clear the system cache.  

- Now comes the fun part. Remember the size I had you write down.. we now need to download as much demos as it takes to take up the same amount of space. So after you have downloaded all the demos then redownload san andreas.

*1024 mb = 1 gb

Sorry this didn't help.

Thanks for the update, Joke2Smoints. Please do keep us updated and let us know if the link I posted helps. Thanks very much!

Sorry this didn't help.

RvB York 115, ya i tried deleting and re-downloading, no luck. As for SoulDogWarrior and Mister Darcy's idea, i will have to bring my 360 back to my friends house to use their internet to try it. PS Mister Darcy after i try i will post here letting you know if it worked or not; hopefully it IS just a problem with portion where the game is being stored and it is fixed by me filling up that space...i can't advance any further in the game because when i try to play the  mission high stakes low rider, the disc read error pops up near a certain checkpoint every time

Sorry this didn't help.

Did you try deleting it and redownloading it? It may have become curropt

Sorry this didn't help.