Problem loading Batman: Arkham City

Yesterday, I tried playing Batman: Arkham City and was prompted to download an update.  Ever since I downloaded it, the game will not load.  First, it to the "Searching for Downloaded Content" screen and freeze.  Then I copied my Save Game to the Cloud, now when the game loads, it asks me to pick a Storage Device.  No matter what I pick (my harddrive or the Cloud) the game and console freeze immediately.

I tried deleting the update and playing offline, which gets me past the freeze, but then the game claims I have no Save Data and have not started the game.  Any tips?  It's obviously something wrong with loading from a Storage Device and probably related to the recent Update because I played the game with no problem on the 21st.  This is the only game I have behaving this way, so it's probably not an issue with the console.

Before anyone suggests it, yes, I have cleared the Memory Cache and removed the Hard Drive.  I'm on the Xbox 360 Slim if it makes a difference.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 4 Applies to:

Sorry you are having problems with Batman.  Here are some tips to try

http://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-360/console-freeze/screen-freeze-solution

Hope this works or helps.  I got to play that game at a friends.  That game rocks so I hope this gets you up and going again.  let me know.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

I also can't play Batman. Disc is not recognized by my Xbox. I have been complaining about this for awhile ever since the disastrous update on the system.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.