Problem Joining Lobbies In Modern Warfare 2

Okay, so I've had Modern Warfare 2 for a while now, and only just recently it stopped finding games. I was able to find games before this, but now I can't.

I go to domination or team deathmatch or whatever; I've tried every game mode, and all that happens is that it searches for games repeatedly without success. This is really angering me because I cannot join any games. I've tried clearing my cache, and that did not work. I tried other games online like Halo and other Call of Duty games and I CAN find games on those, why can't I find them on MW2? I can join people's games in the recently played list for MW2, and I can also join my friends' games when they play MW2, but I can't find my own lobbies. I know for certain that nothing has been changed with my internet, and I even called my internet provider. 

Can anybody help?

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 17 Applies to:

Its possible your console has become a game critic and refuses to allow the game to run :P.

All joking aside have you checked your NAT settings just to be sure its not an issue there?. Might be worth a look.

Opening NAT to resolve MP issues.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Yes, I checked my NAT settings and I'm all good to go there. Its as open as can be. :(

Sorry this didn't help.

Hazey, what happens when you run a LIVE connection test? What comes up on the screen? What's listed under 'more info?'

Sorry this didn't help.

When I run a connection test, the Xbox 360 connects successfully with the network, the network with the internet, and the internet with LIVE. I don't see a more info button; are you referring to "Status"? If so ; This is what comes up

W: 0000 - 0021

X: 0000 - F001

Y: 20A8 - 4840

Z: 0000 - 0000

ID: FFFF - FFFF

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey Red, I checked out those codes and nothing seems to be amiss there. Can you test a different game on LIVE, to see if you have similar issues joining or playing online matches?

Sorry this didn't help.

Yep, I have tried Halo and other COD games such as WaW and Modern Warfare 1, and Left 4 Dead; others too. And I can find matches on those games. Modern Warfare 2 is the only game I cannot find matches on. And to rule out another possibility; I tried joining matches with a friend's MW2 disc in addition to my disc, and they were both unsuccessful so I know it is not a disc error.

Sorry this didn't help.

I see. Unfortunately, as the issue does not appear to be with the Xbox LIVE service, you will need to contact Activision for further information regarding the state of Modern Warfare 2 matchmaking.

Sorry this didn't help.