probation warning

Probation warning! What a load of s**t, been having connection problems never quit matches, pay a 12 month subscription to play xbox live, only play the call of duty games and to be told i might be temporarily unable to play is ridiculas can they not make it so it only goes against you if you select leave game. had 2 warnings today already for connection drops, seems to be when phone is used so need to get on to telephone company. I can understand it for league matches but not public.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 4 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

^^ Couple questions,  I had something similar happen a few years back.

1. Do you use a wireless adapter for the xbox?

2. is the phone a cordless phone?

if yes to both then the issue is more than likley the cordless phone is running on or close to the same frequency as the wireless network and it's causing it to cut out.  try changing the channel used in the router or moving the cordless base further away from the xbox wireless adapter.

and yes probation is a pain.

The entire probation concept is stupid.  Treyarch is disrespecting all of us, treating us like children, by catering to the crybabies that wanted to punish dashboarders that quit when they were losing to protect their stats.  No stats would be a solution to the whole problem, but then the people that base their entire self worth on their game stats would cry even louder.  Just don't play their game.  It's working great for me; I'm having fun playing and I haven't got a single thing to complain about. ;oD

If children would stop quitting we wouldn't need probation.  It's a vicious cycle.

[quote user="Darcmyk"]

The entire probation concept is stupid.  Treyarch is disrespecting all of us, treating us like children, by catering to the crybabies that wanted to punish dashboarders that quit when they were losing to protect their stats.  No stats would be a solution to the whole problem, but then the people that base their entire self worth on their game stats would cry even louder.  Just don't play their game.  It's working great for me; I'm having fun playing and I haven't got a single thing to complain about. ;oD

[/quote]

That is some stupid logic right there.

Failed host Migration (server disconnect,ect) will give EVERYONE a possible probation (or add to the number needed for it), Also leaving a lobby at a certain time (not the game.. but just a lobby) will also include probation. (usually to the party leader)

agreed. got this again today.  I'm not the one quitting.  this is garbage.  punish the rest of us for scrubs bailing because they're losing?  this is epic fail...

@Tug: Logic, yes.  Stupid?  What did you think caused the probation?  I never had such a huge problem with dashboarders, nor did I ever whine about it, on the few occasions when the host dashboarded, and a game was interrupted. I just got into another game and continued to play.  People that enjoyed playing didn't complain, so they were never heard from.  Whiners got them to make the changes, which apparently aren't working out so well, are they?  

Stats made people dashboard.  Stats made people complain about dashboarders.  No stats, just playing, no problem.  It's a logical solution, but not one that will be embraced by emotional, illogical, immature players.  It's a video game.  Some of you are just getting too tense.  ;oD  

is there REALLY people out there who complain about being placed in probation for whatever reason for JUST 1min??are you kidding me? take it like a man and sit the minute out god dammit.

Dashboarding is not the only way to get probation.  If you leave while a game is still setting up to go another game (it has only two people in it, etc), you will get a probation.  To me, that needs to be fixed.  If the match isn't going a person should not get penalized for finding a different game or game type.

yes i know but it's nothing major really, at least they're trying new things to stop people from dashboading or signing out while playing.