Prices of Games on Demand

Seems like some of the prices on the games on demand are a bit over-priced compared to the open market. Fallout New Vegas can be had for $19.99/ $17.9, but on Marketplace it is 39.99. Call of Duty Modern Warfare 1 retails for about $10, but on Marketplace it is 19.99. I am curious to know what justifies the huge price difference, is it the convenience and that's all?

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

[quote user="Lavindathar"]

Except Tales of Vesparia. Before it hit GoD for £19.99 it was retailing at around £150 per disc because its so rare. Since it hits GoD you still can't buy it in the UK for less than £50-60 (around 80-90 dollars at a guess)?

So this one is incredibly cheap :)

[/quote]

wow thats insane. i know the games are pretty expensive i have bought a few because they were rather hard to find in store.

Total Ripoff -

I really wish people wouldn't buy into games on demand.... It's the industries way of getting rid of hard disks so that you can no longer borrow games off of your friends and hurting the used game market. At least when you buy the hard copy you have something of value to trade in.

Games on Demand is bad for the consumer.

[quote user="Gaskinmoo"]

[quote user="ADrunkCanadian"]

Except Tales of Vesparia. Before it hit GoD for £19.99 it was retailing at around £150 per disc because its so rare. Since it hits GoD you still can't buy it in the UK for less than £50-60 (around 80-90 dollars at a guess)?

[/quote]

wow thats insane. i know the games are pretty expensive i have bought a few because they were rather hard to find in store.

[/quote]

Yep, I have a physical copy of Tales of Vesperia and wouldn't part with it for less than £100..... although I have no intention of selling it.... great game.... very hard to come by

[/quote]

Cant see how you could possibly ever get £100 for it?

Gamesbasement  - £39.99 Free P&P In Stock

Amazon - £59.99 £2.03 P&P In Stock

Lots of copies on ebay under £50.

You would have thought that  Games On Demand would be cheaper to games that are sold in retail shops, because there are no costs involved in:

- Manuals
- Game Cases
- Sales person in retail shop (wages)

Microsoft only want to charge high prices for people foolish enough to buy them, without researching the actual prices.

You can get Halo: Reach Limited Edition for cheaper than half price, compared to the Game on Demand version.

As mentioned before folks, the prices have to be higher and in some cases waaay higher because if all "Games On Demand" games were same price or cheaper then no one in there right minds would buy another video game from store etc. This is just there for those with excess MSP points I guess, or for people looking to buy games that you couldn't easily find at your local BestBuy. Last time I checked games like, Sunny with a chance of meatballs, or Toy Story 3 were in there.

I think because you can download/re-download the games whenever you want.

Previously known as Win7Xbox 360

[quote user="ADrunkCanadian"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Yep, I have a physical copy of Tales of Vesperia and wouldn't part with it for less than £100..... although I have no intention of selling it.... great game.... very hard to come by

[quote user="Aztec Warrior"]

No kidding! 50 Cent Blood in Sand is $59.99 when I can hit my local toys r us and pick it up new for $9.99

[/quote]

Was going to post the same. They need make a fair update to change that expensive prices.

The developers set the prices so they're usually just set at whatever MSRP is.