Prey 2

New QuakeCon screenshots.   Looks exactly like the bar from Mass Effect 2, though the name escapes me.  It's interesting the direction they're taking the series, though I'm not sure it's for the best.  Hopefully in this one you will actually be able to die/lose.

More info. 

[view:http://image.gamespotcdn.net/gamespot/images/2011/216/945479_20110805_790screen003.jpg]

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 9 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

lets get something clear tommy will return thus this game is a faithful sequel since he will play a big role in the game.secondly THE SPHERE IS GONE, BURNT  TO OBLIVION, so ofcourse this game would be dramaticly different from the first game.the shere was a relic and a one of a kind ship(so was its technology).thirdly come on this games more dues ex meets mirrors edge then mass effect.

Likewise I have to say that Prey 2 is really just a far cry from the original, using the same name. (Much like Far Cry 2 ^__^)

I know the whole, don't judge a game before playing it spew, and while I agree, we can still discuss as game for what it's being presented as.

On the subject, I'm glad to see Tommy will be playing a pivotal role in Prey 2, and that we'll be able to see more of what's happened with him post Prey 1.

I'm disappointed that the unique combination of gameplay elements which created Prey 1, are now to be absent from Prey 2. No wall walk, low/planetary gravity, spirit walk, death walk, portals, non-Caucasian lead character with a common rather than action-ploitation name, and close quarter combat with horror and puzzle themes.

I have no issues with innovation and I encourage it too, but there's a difference between expanding upon a games formula, and then offering a whole new title. Prey 1 to Prey 2 is revealing itself to be the difference between Silent Hill 2, and Assassin's Creed. Take away everything that you would identify from the first and offer something entirely foreign in its place, but use the same name.

Don't get me wrong, I like how Prey 2 is shaping up and plan on picking it up just the same, as the game looks spectacular. But I can't fool myself into thinking it's going to be remotely similar to Prey 1, and I believe that's what has a lot of the fans of the first just as disappointed.

So Tommy's role is good news.  Make sure you check out the video preview towards the bottom of this page.  Looks bad***!  "Lengthy singleplayer... no multiplayer."  Perfect!

"Tommy's role... becomes clearer."

"'Not only is Tommy on Exodus as well, he has an important part to play there. In a recent preview interview with IGN, Prey 2 project lead Chris Rhinehart says, "He's integral to the story and events on Exodus." He's not just window dressing, either, evidently. "One of the big things is, the unique abilities that Tommy has, specifically sprit walk and death walk, are integral to his role and how he actually fits into the story," explained Rhinehart.

Rhinehart said that the Tommy was always part of the plans; they just wanted to hold that back as a surprise. They also wanted to make Prey 2 a game that expands on the universe they've created. "New character, different mechanics, new visuals, but Tommy is still a critical character," said Rhinehart. Whether that last part means we'll get to play as Tommy in the game, perhaps as a little change of pace here and there, is the next bit question about his future in the series.'"

I try many different types of games, I dont stick to games of the same formula all the time. I personally am a big supporter of alien VS predator. The game is fantastic, but not many people felt the same because it wasnt what they were used to. Plus I like to play a wide variety so if a bunch of FPS games come out, im only going to buy one or tow that appeal to me and the rest will either never get played or ill wait a few years before i buy them cheap and play them.

As a gamer I dont have to support EVERY game that comes out. If a game comes out that i feel isnt worth my time and money , like Prey 2, then I have every right to think that and play a different game instead. Yes, from what I have read about the game it isnt something that would interest me. Had the game continued the story of the first , then I would think differently and probably buy the game. It all comes down to what I want to play or dont want to play.

[quote user="Law212"]

Umm ok? how about you check my gamer card for any call of duty games. youll find i played Cod 2 but go ahead try to find more.

my issue is it seems theyare dumbing down prey to appeal to the mainstream. Sure i am juding the game but so are you. Youre like the people who used to go on about how Brink was going to be the best thing to happen to FPS games since doom.

And what happened ot that game? oh yeah its now 19.99 in most stores.

[/quote]

Wow, there. I never stated you liked CoD Game/s or have played them, I didn't even look at your Profile. It was a general statement in regards to the status of the Industry as a whole. Simply put, by you stating it's "bad" (or whatever) simply because it is not the Sequel you wanted, you are contributing to the mindset that most Devs/ Publishers have to stick with now in order for people to buy there Game/s (hence CoD Franchise).

Second, I never claimed one thing about Prey 2 or how it might be. I'm stating, stay open for judgment on a Title you haven't even seen anything of or played. Time will tell what I think of Prey 2, so far it simply sounds pretty cool, not cool like a million dollars cool but cool like a new idea for a Sequel. Nor did I ever state Pro's or Con's for Brink. It simply wasn't a Game that appealed to me, it's not due to Pro's or con's of what some fan-boy might have raved about it or not. So, I'm not sure were you got any of that?

The crux of your complaint. Is it that the Story is not following the ending events of Prey or that the Main Protagonist is not the same from Prey? For the rest, very little is known about it, so it must be one or both of those?

People who judge a game before its even out need to have their Xbox destroyed and then shot.Jesus Christ, gamers today are the most annoying bunch of mouthbreathing insects around.

Umm ok? how about you check my gamer card for any call of duty games. youll find i played Cod 2 but go ahead try to find more.

my issue is it seems theyare dumbing down prey to appeal to the mainstream. Sure i am juding the game but so are you. Youre like the people who used to go on about how Brink was going to be the best thing to happen to FPS games since doom.

And what happened ot that game? oh yeah its now 19.99 in most stores.

Again, alas poor Devs, damned if they do, damned if they don't.

Enjoy the usual suspect of FPS like CoD19 Ultimate Domination Extreme Hardened Combat Edition instead.