Prestige?

I have prestiged in every other Call of Duty game since COD 4, reaching 10th prestige in COD 4,  but with this game I am really having a tough decision on whether or not I am going to prestige.  It seems like this game being 80 levels per prestige is going to take a long time to rank up that high each time.  right now I am level 62 and have about 15.5 hours in and keep getting distracted by the other great games that have come out this fall.  With this new weapon leveling system it seems I have more of a focus to level up the guns to get the gold guns and don't know if I really wanna lose them after all that work.  I also am afraid of getting bored if I don't prestige since I've never done it before.  What are your guy's opinions/plans on prestiging with this game?

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

I'm 10th in CoD4, WaW, MW2 and Black Ops.  I don't plan on touching this game until I get to 15th on Black Ops.  Black Ops is more fun, anyway.

Meh, it's about the same really. Should only take an average gamer a month or so too Prestige. How ever it sickens me that I've seen 2 or 3 prestige already LOL.

Yeah leveling is taking a while.

But at least you could start out with +4 custom classes, or at least I hope you did as the other prestige items are pretty dang worthless.

I suppose unlocking a higher end weapon such as the ACR can ease the pain to level back up but it's still pretty miserable.

This same question goes through my head everyday OP.  I love prestiging but I hate releveling my guns...This hits me especially hard because I like using spas/models and they are worthless with out range/damage.

One reason I believe people take so long to rank up is the fact  that they find a good weapon/attachment and perk set up that they stick with it all the way through to 80. There are huge amounts of xp to be acquired by using multiple set ups and looking for achievements that will give them good xp.

Do I plan to prestiege no way

[quote user="InfantLearner"]

One reason I believe people take so long to rank up is the fact  that they find a good weapon/attachment and perk set up that they stick with it all the way through to 80. There are huge amounts of xp to be acquired by using multiple set ups and looking for achievements that will give them good xp.

[/quote]

Pretty much this.  Vary your weapon selection, the game modes you play, and even your lethal and tactical grenades.  Using the same stuff over and over won't net you as much XP using a variety of weapons and equipment.  I should hit second prestige tonight with under 2 days of play time.

^^Ummm, this is good for XP, but also there are XP things for long term use of weapons, etc... Getting those Sleight of Hand VII or whatever is usually 5 to 10 thousand XP, but it takes longer, of course to obtain.

I have one custom class set aside as my rank up class, I cycle  every gun up to 150 kills then go back around and start again up to 300 and so on. Pretty quick way to level up but it can be a pain trying to hit the milestones with guns I don't like.

It’s up to you. Do you play for the fun of the game or are the titles more important to you. Once you get to level 80 you should not be bored. You have everything unlock and ready at a moment’s notice.