Prestige does what now?

hi guys, friendly post this time lol, I am sorta new to the CoD online bits, I have played MW1 for the pc but never got into it to that degree, My friends on live have tried explaining this and i just dont get it, This is what i know so far: 

1. you get prestige at rank 50

2.You have to regain all your weapons and such including perks

3. It gives you a little picture (this confuses the hell out of me lol)

what i want to know, Is why do people use prestige mode? Are their additional perks? I know about the gold camo and i have seen it but i still dont think it's worth it, I understand prestige means you've played longer and on google it said it means the player is better than average, So does that mean not everyone can prestige or? thanks for any and all info guys ^^

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

What you get when you Prestige....

• Extra custom classes .......

Actually, just check out the CoD Wiki here for details on Prestige Mode - http://callofduty.wikia.com/wiki/Prestige_Mode#Call_of_Duty:_Black_Ops

Much easier than giving you the rundown here.

As for Prestiged players being better.  Not true.  Prestige just shows how long someone has been playing.  Anyone can Prestige as long as you have maxed out at rank 50.  Many players enter Prestige for the added replay value given with ranking up again.

I do it if I get bored.

Oh i see, Well tyvm Mat and Arab, I will definitely look into that site, Cheers ^^

I prestige as SOON as I can, I just got prestige 13 and it gives you coloured clan tags and all I want is to get gold gun camo. Yes it can feel like you're out of your depth when you do prestige because you've lost your whole arsenal of cool weapons and perks but as soon as I can atleast get the enfield I feel good to go again.  

I prestiged mainly for the extra custom classes. Now that I have them all unlocked, I'm done.

Trust me prestige does not mean skill. I can say that 95% or more of other 14th or 15th prestige players I have seen are just as bad as 1st or non prestige players. Just means they dedicated a lot more time to it.

Extra custom classes is the only good reason to prestige...  peer pressure, colored clan tags, gold guns... not worth it IMO

[quote user="TAP H2O"]

Extra custom classes is the only good reason to prestige...  peer pressure, colored clan tags, gold guns... not worth it IMO

[/quote]

Agreed.

Personally, I enjoy prestiging. I'm not sure what's so fun about it but starting over again with all of the beginning weapons is a blast. Plus, I want gold guns.

I get bored if I stay at one level for too long... it's fun to start over for me, plus the fact that I'm over halfway to 15 keeps me going.