Press A for nearly everything?

I'm not sure why they decided this was a good choice, but having A as the primary button to do practically everything needful is not a great design. Teammate down and against a wall, pray you don't hug the wall and can revive them. There have been many times, while playing the MP demo, where I have either tried to revive a fallen comrade or sprint away from danger, only to slap myself against a wall I wasn't touching. Don't get me wrong, the MP is fun, but losing due to a bad design choice isn't that great. I wish there was a way to do custom button mapping, though it seems highly doubtful. Pressing A to grab a teammate/active an objective/sprint/hug a wall/roll wasn't really needed. It feels a little lazy, to me.

That said, I can't wait to rent the game and see how the story ends. Looks fun, despite some issues. Hope they iron them out before release. I'm sure MP will be great fun with everything in it.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

yeah, that really annoys the **** out of me.

cant you just for once enjoy something for once? it just a game, I lost my match too but I still enjoyed myself LoL  

[quote user="FueldRockets"]

cant you just for once enjoy something for once? it just a game, I lost my match too but I still enjoyed myself LoL  

[/quote]

[/quote]

I think you need to read a bit more. I never said I didn't enjoy it. I could ask you the same question, though.

A only does 3 things, take cover, sprint (once sprinting you don't need to hold it in), and vault over. it doesn't fire your gun, use a power, reload, switch weapons, or anything else for that matter.

[quote user="vader da slayer"]

A only does 3 things, take cover, sprint (once sprinting you don't need to hold it in), and vault over. it doesn't fire your gun, use a power, reload, switch weapons, or anything else for that matter.

[/quote]

What about picking up fallen comrades? Or hacking? Or rolling? Or activating other objectives? It does more than 3 things. Not a very wise decision on their part. It's fun, but they should have used another button or two so things didn't get clunky in the heat of battle or something.

[/quote]

[quote user="Ruthless Tenjin"]

[quote user="vader da slayer"]

[/quote]

What about picking up fallen comrades? Or hacking? Or rolling? Or activating other objectives? It does more than 3 things. Not a very wise decision on their part. It's fun, but they should have used another button or two so things didn't get clunky in the heat of battle or something.

[/quote]I could put up with everything else if revive wasn't on the A(wesome) button as well.

The demo does seem to want to put you against cover rather than reviving another player when they've fallen near a wall. You've got to try and position yourself perfectly and in the heat of battle that is a dangerous thing to be doing.

Yeah, I noticed it's real picky on that, for some reason. It's pretty fun and all, but trying to revive people while they're next to a wall or objective becomes a task in itself. I've also noticed it not even bothering to revive a teammate if an enemy is right next to them. Not sure if it's supposed to be that way or not, but it's random if it happens. Still, I like the way it plays out like a survival/horde mode. It's certainly kept me entertained.

I pressed A to revive someone and ended up taking cover against the walll.  However, it also revived them so that was kinda funky.