Preference Option: Play Through both (Voice Chat) doesn't work

I'm trying to make a commentary with one of my friends, and I cannot record their voice. I went to preference and chose play through both, then backed out. I went back in and it was back at play through headset. I did it multiple times even using start and select. Disconnected my turtlebeaches and it still didn't work. I've set it in the past and just moved my xbox to a different room and now it isnt working. I'd really appreciate some help as I am pretty furious right now.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 3 Applies to:

What is 'Voice' set at? And is this in a particular game? Can you verify you don't have voice disabled through one of the in-game menus?

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Voice is set at 10 and I just got new information. It resets the info on every game everytime i leave and go back to the game. So If i am playing a cod game and go to the dashboard and back i have to set the options again.  Safe area and brightness, again and again. Also it erased my avatar. Something interesting although, I unplugged my power cable and did a full reset and my avatar appared again. Then from the dashboard i tryed changing my preferences (Which didnt work), and when i saw my dashboard again my avatar was whited out.

Sorry this didn't help.

To be 100 percent clear, you have tried deleting and recovering your Gamertag then, correct?

Sorry this didn't help.

No how exactly do I go about doing that? I don't exactly have perfect memory of my email/pw but i can try. Can you tell me how to delete it?

Sorry this didn't help.

The email and password should be the same that you log into Xbox.com with. If you're unsure, though, you can call phone support to obtain those details at 800-4MY-XBOX.

When you have that info, navigate to the 'My Xbox' channel of the dashboard, and then go to 'System Settings.' Here, you can select 'Memory,' your memory device, and then 'Gamer Profiles.' Delete your profile, but be sure to select PROFILE ONLY.

Next, return to the 'My Xbox' channel and navigate to the the 'Sign-in/Profile' menu. Here, you should see the option to recover a Gamertag. Follow the steps listed there, and then let me know it goes.

Sorry this didn't help.