Power/Weapon Wheel

I know that many will be opposed to this, that's why I'm throwin' it out there hee hee, but I say lose the Power/Weapon Wheel for any future MASS Effect titles whether they're multiplayer or not, how can you not love the new "wheel-free" system being showcased in the multiplayer, you don't need the wheel!  It's so much better without it, in my not so humble opinion, of course.  It would also open the door for a possible "Campaign Co-op" experience in the future, HALO 3's Co-op still stands as one of the best ever, sorry if this is such a departure from its origins, but I think that this would be fantastic...:-)

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 4 Applies to:

I rarely use it because I map my powers and have my two main guns switch by holding the X button. The reason I would say keep is for when your primary choices of weaponry need to changed quickly rather then scrolling through multiple options to et to the one you want.

Sure, Mass Effect is barely a RPG now anyway... might as well throw out the few remaining elements that still make it a somewhat unique experience.

-

Get rid of the conversation wheel and galaxy map as well and just go for linear level-based gameplay.

If they were smart they'd just make two games, an action game and a tactics/rpg game. They'd make tons of money and everyone would be happy.

the wheel free mp has grown on me. i like it. but in insanity sp it still comes in pretty handy.

i wish mp wasn't so fresking addictive. otherwise i would have finished my sp campaign weeks ago.

While it's good for a few powers, when your character has more than 3 in SP, it's definitely handy to have.  Also gives you a pause in the action to allow for tactics by targeting an enemy and setting up your attack as well as that of your squadmates.  It works fine in Multiplayer because each class only has 3 abilities and 2 weapons anyway.

[quote user="NeecHMonkeY"]

Sure, Mass Effect is barely a RPG now anyway... might as well throw out the few remaining elements that still make it a somewhat unique experience.

-

Get rid of the conversation wheel and galaxy map as well and just go for linear level-based gameplay.

[/quote]I don't think the next Mass Effect game will even try and pretend to be a role playing game.

My gut feeling is that we'll just get a third person cover based shooter as the next game. 

Or that godawful FPS abomination they were working on.