Power supply

My power supply's fan began to make a loud noise after just 6 months, I bought my xbox 360 at sams club so I figured they bought it in bulk and the XBOX  would definately have some problems. However it still worked for 1 1/2 more years. Now the fan dosen't make a noise anymore so I figure it does not work. I keep a fan on high beside the power supply to make it last longer before the light turns red and it completely cut off. But I let it cool just like the advice on this website says( For like an hour) and it begins to work for a while longer. I stream netflix on my xbox and I feel as though it wasn't built for the amount of use it gets. So I believe it is time to get the power supply replaced and I would think others have had this issue as well. Did I miss it is there a place on your website for customers to shop for parts?

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 2 Applies to:

My power supply grumbles at me, too. Though it started well after a year on massive use and I have not had it overheat like yours. As for a new one, xbox.com does not have parts. You can try the Microsoft Store or many other retail outlets to get one.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey laughinginloud! To order a new power supply you'll actually need to go through our repair process. Once you've registered your console you can select the accessories option and order a new power supply there! Click here to start the process with our online service center. Let us know if you have any questions!

Sorry this didn't help.