Potential Solution for XP cap.

Shortly after reaching the xp cap for the first time, I noticed that the time on my xbox was not set correctly. I changed it to the correct time zone and then I was able to get credits again, since the time was then today instead of yesterday. 

Is this a viable method to get around the xp cap? I am unaware if this might somehow violate the terms of use or something of that nature. Even though I really want to rank up, I'm not gonna try to use that work around a second time unless someone can definitively tell me it is OK. 

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

Where can I find more info on this XP cap? this is the first I heard of it and I have gained a lot of weight from Doritos and Mountain Dew.

There are a whole lot of people complaining on the Waypoint forums. Im at level 42, and it won't let me get xp at the moment.

I still just need to know if changing my time zone to get around the cap is alright. 

[quote user="The Peanut Dude"]

There are a whole lot of people complaining on the Waypoint forums. Im at level 42, and it won't let me get xp at the moment.

I still just need to know if changing my time zone to get around the cap is alright. 

[/quote].

It is not the best idea to do something like that. In other words, If you have any doubts about it, it is best not to try it. It is better to be safe then sorry.

I can almost guarantee you that if you're caught doing this, you will be either banned, suspended, or reset on Halo 4 by 343. As much as the XP cap may annoy you, it's set there for a reason. It's a reason that you don't have to agree with, but a reason nonetheless. It is a rule set forth by 343, and every time you sign onto Halo 4 matchmaking, you not only accept the terms and conditions of Xbox Live, but also any rules and regulations put forward by 343 Industries.

~

If this method does work, then yes obviously it's a way to cheat the system. But don't say you weren't warned if you try to do it repeatedly and are punished for it.

Thanks, I wont make any attempts at using this then.