Possible to get achievements from save files?

Today, I took my old Xbox 360 into Gamestop to trade for a brand new, 250GB Xbox 360 S. I walked out with the new 360, got home and realized I had forgotten to do the most important thing - logged into Xbox Live and update all my achievement points. Since the last time I updated, I had played through a few games (Prey, L.A. Noire). I am wondering if it is possible for the 360 to recognize that I have accomplished the achievements already without having to restart the game. Please let me know. Thank you! :)

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

If you're in a position where you don't have to recover your GT from XBL (ie you've still got it on a storage device in your possession) you'll keep the achievements. If you do have to recover you'll get the last record XBL has of your GT achievements and all.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Well, I have the file on storage but I don't have the Xbox it was tied to anymore. I tried to put it back on the original hard drive to see if I could connect to live with it using my brother's Xbox but that failed. I am guessing all is lost - not too much though.

I have played a little of L.A. Noire and it seems that if an activity is tied to an achievement - aka, killing a bad guy after you've already passed the "kill 100 baddies" achievement - you automatically get the achievement. Hopefully this will ease my reobtainment of achievements.

Sorry this didn't help.

That's very odd. GTs aren't tied to consoles like that, it should've worked without any problems otherwise moving GTs around without using the recover account feature would be impossible.

Sorry this didn't help.

What was it you forgot to move off your old console? Your gamertag or the save files?

Sorry this didn't help.