Possible subscription fee confirmation for MW3

http://www.geek.com/articles/games/activision-confirms-next-cod-will-have-premium-online-features-20110510/

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

I wish they made people pay more money to play online. IMO I think it would weed out the cheap, young kids. and the every dreaded causal gamer (kids with great dads who play cod could still get online, of course)  I didn't say it would eliminate the problems that come with the cod community, but it would put up a nice barricade around us who would be willing to pay for more for a gated community IMO.

Like I've said before, I wouldn't totally oppose a subscription as long as it justified the extra price like the addition of dedi servers or a map editor. Activision isn't forcing anybody to get it so I don't really care,  just as longs as they don't disadvantaged those who don't buy it with over powered weapons or something of that nature.

[quote user="Ron Limo Driver"]

I wish they made people pay more money to play online. IMO I think it would weed out the cheap, young kids. and the every dreaded causal gamer (kids with great dads who play cod could still get online, of course)  I didn't say it would eliminate the problems that come with the cod community, but it would put up a nice barricade around us who would be willing to pay for more for a gated community IMO.

[/quote]

Your opinion is bad in my opinion.

Your reasoning for wanting the price increased is flawed. If you would have said they should raise the price in exchange for much better services, or something to that extent, then I almost would have agreed...Almost.

But since you think it would just eliminate kids and "causal gamers,"whatever causal means, I disagree. Also, since you think people need to write "IMO" in order to understand this as opinion, all the previous is IMO for the jury.

As for your gated community analogy, I live in a gated community. The only difference between gated and non-gated is I have to use a clicker or punch in a code to get to my house. More inconvenient when you think about it.

[quote user="Middle Nameless"]

http://www.geek.com/articles/games/activision-confirms-next-cod-will-have-premium-online-features-20110510/

[/quote]

Using the provided link button is not hard.

I guess this wouldn't surprise me, cause they wanted to for BO and backed off of it. But it'll certainly have a higher percent of whiny kids who cried to their parents to pay. I already have to pay for Live myself, im not gonna pay for extra especially on a series thats going downhill.

I am someone who thinks that there is nothing wrong with the service now. Im sure you would have remembered that, you've been following me around as I post.

[quote user="A Foam Football"]

[/quote]

As for your gated community analogy, I live in a gated community. The only difference between gated and non-gated is I have to use a clicker or punch in a code to get to my house.which one is it? sometimes on Tuesdays you might have to use a clicker, or maybe you might have to enter a code?  More inconvenient when you think about it.If you really did know what its like to live in an actual gated community, than you would know that it keeps the riff raff out imo.

[/quote]

[quote user="oDr Killjoy"]

[quote user="Middle Nameless"]

[/quote]

Using the provided link button is not hard.

[/quote]

Killjoy with the save

HEY, im a causal gamer!

i would be fine for charging for premium content as long as it's camos and facepaint, and all the other crap that i usually don't care about anyway.  if the premium content effects game play, then i will probably stick with black ops or battlefield 3.

I am someone who thinks that there is nothing wrong with the service now. Im sure you would have remembered that, you've been following me around as I post.

As for your gated community analogy, I live in a gated community. The only difference between gated and non-gated is I have to use a clicker or punch in a code to get to my house.which one is it? sometimes on Tuesdays you might have to use a clicker, or maybe you might have to enter a code?  More inconvenient when you think about it.If you really did know what its like to live in an actual gated community, than you would know that it keeps the riff raff out imo.

[/quote]

I never said anything was wrong with the service. I just said a pay increase would make no sense without making the service better. Are you saying there is no room for improvement?

If I loan my clicker to a family member, I use the code. If my grandmother loses her clicker, instead of being selfish, I let her use mine (as it's hard for her to reach the code box) until she gets another. Meanwhile I punch in a code. Also, 3 days ago the house directly across from mine was the victim of a burglary. The whole block is on alert...So much for your riff raff mumbo jumbo. On the contrary, I'd say living in a gated community makes us more of a target. It's not hard for someone to sit at the gate and roll on in when someone comes home.

I work for people who live in real gated communities. I'm taking giant walls, security guys at the gate, a few more driving around. Sounds like you live in a nice place, dont get me wrong, but there are places in this country that are like army bases.