Possible release date?

So i preordered gta 5 from amazon. I just recently received an email from them stating that the game has been giving the release date. So according to amazon, the release date is march 26, 2013. Here is the link: http://www.amazon.com/Grand-Theft-Auto-V-Playstation-3/dp/B0050SXKU4/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1356329919&sr=8-1&keywords=grand+theft+auto+5 (Scroll down to product details)

I googled gta 5 to see if that is the correct date, but i did not find any other link that says that that is the release date for the game. So i do not know if it is correct or not. I am hoping it is because i am very excited for the game.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

yes, most likely, it will be somewhere in march.

Whenever it is, I can't wait.  Hopefully all goes well with its production and there is no set back so that the release date isn't postponed.

-

In saying that though, I'd rather have a full working game right off the bat instead of a few problems here and there that could cause frustration and need several patches later on.

^ no such thing as a game that has no problems as gamers will find things the developers never even though of.

Unfortunately, UK BacBone is right...there is no way that a Game tester will be able to find ALL bugs/glitches within a game. That and also developers won't be able to patch EVERY glitch/bug in a game unless it is considered "game breaking" or "unfair" (to this day, the Airport Glitch STILL has not been patched though).

-----

Also, this is R*!!! They will give us a 95% glitch/bug-free game. Don't worry; we are dealing with "quality over quantity" gaming developers here.

That's what I'm hoping for.  It's understandable and realistic to expect a few problems as I know there will be, I just ment, I'd rather them take their time and make sure they minimize the amount of bugs/glitches that will be present in the end product.

My original guess was April 2013 to match their GTA4 release date but now I am not sure.   Its January and still no gameplay videos.  Thats not a good sign for my April 2013 guess.  The only way April would happen is they start releasing gameplay videos very very soon. By the end of this month at the latest.  Otherwise April just isnt happening.

End of the Spring...because R* like to delay things...

No way this is comming in March. January is almost over, and still no street date. MAY. Yep, lock it in. They seem to like may. Max payne 3? May 15th...L.A. Noire? May 17th...RDR? May 18th... Which sucks, Was REALY hoping for march, but with each passing day, seems more and more unlikly. But still, can't wait!

[quote user="HollowTipz26"]

No way this is comming in March. January is almost over, and still no street date. MAY. Yep, lock it in. They seem to like may. Max payne 3? May 15th...L.A. Noire? May 17th...RDR? May 18th... Which sucks, Was REALY hoping for march, but with each passing day, seems more and more unlikly. But still, can't wait!

[/quote]

You never know. They could just surprise us all. But i do agree with you. If it was going to be coming out in march, there would already probably be gameplay videos. Since there isn't, it is unlikely that it is going to come out in march.

May would be keeping in trend with recent years.