Possible fix for GOW 3 freezing issue!

Hey guys, there is a small amount of people that are having a problem with GOW 3 freezing on the load screen when attempting to enter an online match. It started for me 7 days ago and I found a fix that worked. I'm not saying this will work for everyone but it did for me so I thought I would pass it along! I noticed the first I played GOW 3 it sounded a little louder in the cd tray than most games I play but I didn't think much of it because the Xbox is known for that. While attempting to trouble shoot the problem I tried installing the game to my hard drive. The install failed and I received the prompt to try again and to clean the disk for dust or sctraches.  (something like that) I'm an adult gamer and I take care of my stuff so I figured there was dust or a fingerprint on the disk. Upon inspecting the disk I noticed a fine scratch that ran along the outer edge of almsot the entire disk. This scratch was no doubt caused by the cd drive. Upon further inspection I noticed that the disk has an ever so slight warp to it. The game has never been left out in the sun or in a hot car and has always been stored in my home office. I inspected my other recently played games and no others show signs of the scratch or warp so I can only asume I purchased the disk already warped. I took automotive fine scratch remover and buffed the disk out and installed it on my hard drive with no trouble. The freezing issue stopped for me and was able to join several matches with no problems at all. I thought my freezing issue was related to a glitch or bug because it did it in the same place the same way every single time. I had no difficulty loading the game or even playing single player. I hope this helps at least one person, good luck! 

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 2 Applies to: