Possible Boxart & Kinect Compatibility

LINK

The boxart currently up on the EA Store is much less revealing than the one shown in the article, but I'm more concerned about this possible Kinect connection.  I'm mildly concerned they'll be including some silly gimmick in the game that involves Kinect when it's unnecessary.  As I don't own Kinect I'm also concerned with how the game will play if it's supposedly "better with Kinect."

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 13 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

If it uses Kinect it would be for choosing conversation options and at most (if at all) speech recognition to move your squad. Both of those things you can already do without kinect .. hence 'better with kinect' not 'kinect required'.

Virtua Tennis 4 is 'better with kinect' but not having it has zero impact on the game because it's basically redundent 'extra' stuff.

I agree this could also have been an attempt at 'viral marketing' since EA is making a lot of kinect games.

Yes, I'd pass on ANY game that requires Kinect in order to play.  I think it's amazing technology that will probably eventually lead to a new way to play games, but I don't believe we should be force fed a gimmick to play a great game.  I said though, however, I don't think that this is happening here.  This was a clever way to advertise Kinect to a different crowd, that's all...:-)

[quote user="implantedwall14"]Ugh, they took out the quotes! ...[/quote] Minor thread drift, but just to let you know you can still quote posts, although it's now stupidly convoluted to do so. See here for the how-to.

[quote user="Arkham99"]

Don't want the Kinect, if I NEED it to play ME3, then I'll probably pass on the game.  I don't think that that is the case though.  When I play games, I like to kick back on the couch with a beer and bliss out.  Kinect is for the kids...:-)

[/quote]

So Arkham, would you pass on Batman: AC if it required Kinect??? Lol

It maybe a long shot, but ME3 may be using the Kinect to register your facial features onto your playable Shepard. So it looks like its you in the game. If you catch my drift??? Which would be good.

Ugh, they took out the quotes! Anyway, I am starting to think more and more that this is just free advertising. If they were putting Kinect in, I doubt we would be hearing about it so late. And it is all based off a cover that might not even be final. I highly doubt that they will add Kinect to one of the most popular gaming trilogies since Halo. Especially for it last installment. I think you guys just need to stop with the rumor spreading. As Cryptic said. Nothing is confirmed until they ship.

However, on the topic of Kinect itself. I am a huge supporter of Kinect. Not so much of Kinect implementation into controller games. And not all of the Kinect games are like Kinectimals. There are fighting games, exercise games, dancing games. However, I enjoy it because I don't take myself too seriously like some people. I enjoy looking like an idiot flapping my arms while running around a room. Its also helped me lose some weight, so that is another plus. But I won't be lining up to get any games that primarily use a controller but also use Kinect. They aren't things that should mix.

Thanks for that, I thought that the Monday TV slot was interesting on E3 Eve.  That should create a nice buzz to start things off.  Bioware has been pretty tight-lipped when compared to some of the others, indications are there'll be a nice surprise in all of that.  These forums are about to get lit up...:-)

[quote user="Arkham99"]

You mentioned a gameplay demo being unveiled at E3, has that actually been confirmed?  I've been on the lookout for anything related to Bioware's E3 showing and haven't seen confirmation of that, mind you, I'm not as resourceful as you.  Still a proud Twitter Virgin...:-)

[/quote]I'll just relay you to this thread, it's a lot easier than tweet hunting.

Well I'm getting the game of the PC, kind of have to since my 360's DVD drive has died, so Kinect support isn't going to affect me anyway.

I hope however it is used as a proper part of the game and not just a little mini-game with an achievement.

You mentioned a gameplay demo being unveiled at E3, has that actually been confirmed?  I've been on the lookout for anything related to Bioware's E3 showing and haven't seen confirmation of that, mind you, I'm not as resourceful as you.  Still a proud Twitter Virgin...:-)