Porsche 959 Woes

Why 'o why Porsche 959 are you never easy to tune no matter which version of Forza you're on?  Why 'o why does what little handling you have go out the window with even the slightest attempt to tune you?  Why must you be so fickle..... so.... loose.....so extreme?  Why do I even bother?  I know you're a bear of a car and you've been in my dreams since I first saw you in high school way back in 1991.  Car in hand yet still so out of reach....

I'm a veteran tuner.  I've been playing forza since the original and yet, I still can't make a Porsche 959 worth it's salt to save my life.  In my opinion, it's the hardest damn car to tune in the entire franchise.... not just the game but spanning every year it's ever been out.  If you've got a grip tune for this ride, please share the specs. 

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 2 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Honestly, I would love to help you since I consider myself an 'able to get there eventually' kind of tuner and I'd give it a decent shot, but... no DLC for me.

I have a bit of a challenge for you though: tune a Ferrari 575M Maranallo so that it doesn't SUCK ABYSMALLY, and compare it to the difficulty you've been having with the 959 : ) That one I couldn't tune at all. Maximum grip? Sure, but no cornering ; )

Also, at least you have a car to be frustrated about. They seem to have forgotten the beautiful Porsche 997 GT1 Strassenversion, which I was disappointed over.

I'd love to give tuning the 959 a shot but I'm not buying into the porsche DLC bit, it's just not worth it to me...

I'd like a chance to try my hand at tuning it too. I've gotten very good at tuning in Forza over the years since I've been at it since Forza 1. But, I refuse to buy the Porsche pack for FM4.

[quote user="ChainSmokingBob"]

I have a bit of a challenge for you though: tune a Ferrari 575M Maranallo so that it doesn't SUCK ABYSMALLY, and compare it to the difficulty you've been having with the 959 : ) That one I couldn't tune at all. Maximum grip? Sure, but no cornering ; )

[/quote]

What kind of tune do you want on that car and I can do it?

[quote user="Strunky"]

Why 'o why Porsche 959 are you never easy to tune no matter which version of Forza you're on?  Why 'o why does what little handling you have go out the window with even the slightest attempt to tune you?  Why must you be so fickle..... so.... loose.....so extreme?  Why do I even bother?  I know you're a bear of a car and you've been in my dreams since I first saw you in high school way back in 1991.  Car in hand yet still so out of reach....

I'm a veteran tuner.  I've been playing forza since the original and yet, I still can't make a Porsche 959 worth it's salt to save my life.  In my opinion, it's the hardest damn car to tune in the entire franchise.... not just the game but spanning every year it's ever been out.  If you've got a grip tune for this ride, please share the specs. 

[/quote]

One grip tune....................just for you

You've not said which class so i built it for the only class i think it belongs S700.

I tuned it on catalunya and managed mid to high 1:51's on almost every lap, was never outside the 1:52's so it's a decent car and pretty competative

Speed 7.3

Handling 6.9

Acceleration 9.0

Launch 8.8

Braking 7.3

Build - If it's not listed it's stock

Conversion

RWD swap

Aero

Forza Aero front and rear

Tyres

Race with max width front and rear

Rims

TSW Hockenheim R

Drivetrain

Sport ***, Race diff

Platform and handling

Race brakes, Race springs, Race ARB's front and rear, Sport roll cage,Race weight reduction

Tune

Tyres 29.5/30.5

Gearing  f/d 4.34

Camber  -1.2/-0.9

Toe 0.1/0.0

Caster 6.6

ARB 19.90/13.80

Springs 436.0/402.0

Ride height 3.9/3.8

Rebound 8.3/9.0

Bump 2.2/2.0

Aero 100/228

Brake Balance 48% rear

Pressure 165%

Diff 30%/26%

lol, stupid word filter. It's a sport transmission where the *** are

"What kind of tune do you want on that car and I can do it?".

Honestly, I'm not the most skilled racer so I don't care too much. A little more acceleration than speed, and a slightly more responsive tune than would probably be recommended, provided it doesn't mess with its grip.

It doesn't really have to be class restricted, and I would like it RWD if that's possible.

Cheers : )

[quote user="RPM Bibblefish"]

[quote user="Strunky"]

[/quote]

One grip tune....................just for you

You've not said which class so i built it for the only class i think it belongs S700.

I tuned it on catalunya and managed mid to high 1:51's on almost every lap, was never outside the 1:52's so it's a decent car and pretty competative

Speed 7.3

Handling 6.9

Acceleration 9.0

Launch 8.8

Braking 7.3

Build - If it's not listed it's stock

Conversion

RWD swap

Aero

Forza Aero front and rear

Tyres

Race with max width front and rear

Rims

TSW Hockenheim R

Drivetrain

Sport ***, Race diff

Platform and handling

Race brakes, Race springs, Race ARB's front and rear, Sport roll cage,Race weight reduction

Tune

Tyres 29.5/30.5

Gearing  f/d 4.34

Camber  -1.2/-0.9

Toe 0.1/0.0

Caster 6.6

ARB 19.90/13.80

Springs 436.0/402.0

Ride height 3.9/3.8

Rebound 8.3/9.0

Bump 2.2/2.0

Aero 100/228

Brake Balance 48% rear

Pressure 165%

Diff 30%/26%

[/quote]

Now I feel special.  Bibble has a tune for me... H0LY P00P!!!  Thanks Bib, you know, I'll try it.  I have to admit that I wasn't tuning with the RWD but it's worth adding.  I love the car due to some old school fantasies as I'm sure you folks could glean from my previous post.  Sorry you guys didn't get the Porsche DLC but I can understand why you wouldn't.  I held the same stance for a long time until I changed my mind about the whole deal.  To make a long story short, I wanted everything I could get for one of my favorite games.  I tried my hand at tuning that Ferrari too and I'm about half done.  I'm having the same issue with applying gas at the apex of a turn as the poster requesting the tune was having.  I think it's an easy fix though... little here, little there.  You know the drill.  Thanks, so far, for the input on the 959 guys.  I really appreciate it.  It's also good to know that the die hards for this game are still around from time to time.  Keep on gaming folks!! 

As the "poster requesting the tune" ??  Geez Bob.... lol.  I couldn't recall who was asking until after I'd posted my reply.  LOL, sorry about that my friend.  As I said though, I'm working on it too.

[quote user="ChainSmokingBob"]

"What kind of tune do you want on that car and I can do it?".

Honestly, I'm not the most skilled racer so I don't care too much. A little more acceleration than speed, and a slightly more responsive tune than would probably be recommended, provided it doesn't mess with its grip.

It doesn't really have to be class restricted, and I would like it RWD if that's possible.

Cheers : )

[/quote]

No worries. I'll take a look at the car and see what it's best suited for then go from there. My approach is a matter of considering what the car does best and amplify it. I typically don't take a car with great top speed and low traction and try to turn it into a short track monster as it's already best suited for a long track and, conversely, I don't take a real grippy car with poor top end and try to make it a long track monster. Also, I don't normally bump a car more than 2 classes. For example, if a car starts off stock as say a D class it's generally a bad idea to try and make it competitive in S class because it just won't compete. I think the car you're talking about is an A class car when stock. I'll probably tune it for the class it's already in but we'll see. I'll check the car out and see what looks like a good fit and then tune it for ya, just for the hell of it.