Poker question....

How do you win $1500 in a poker game? The most expensive game type is expert @ $250 entry fee, 3 other players at the table so the most you can win is $750 as far as I can see, $1000 if you include you entry fee of $250. Any clues how you get the $1500 mark? Thanks in advance. 

Discussion Info

Last updated September 30, 2018 Views 5 Applies to:

Play through the game and you'll get it later on....

By play through the game do you mean finish the story? If so I've done that quite some time ago and now I'm just exploring, getting all the relics, doing the challenges etc. So if I've already finished the storyline to the end I wont be able to play a poker game anywhere and win $1500 for that achievement?

It's not that hard actually.   Save the game right before you sit down.   How i did it is that i folded to at least i had a decent hand.  Then i went all in.   If you win, quit the poker game and that amount of money you have now won is "banked" towards the achievement.  Save, sit down and do it again.  If you lose, you can just go kill  yourself and start over.   I had three big wins in a row before i lost.   Thought it was going to be frustrating but it wasn't that bad.

p.s.  you can still play after beating the game.

Hmmm....Mine happened as part of finishing the main story line so I assumed it would be the same for you too. Sorry about that.

LOL, actually I must have done exactly what you say here and I didn't even know I was doing it. I got ahead a good amount then I quit and saved the progress. Then I went back in and bought in for another $250 and after doing this I think 3 times all of a sudden when I saved the progress a window popped up and said I was a Poker Bully LOL

Thanks to those who responded.

I'm with Dirty Harry, but it isn't a main quest its a side quest on the second island called Fathers Burden. You have to go to a poker game where the buy ins are riduculosly high like $1,000 buy in instead of $250. By side quest I mean a blue ! mark rather than any other type.

Ah, Joku I haven't begun doing those quest things yet, I set out doing all of one type then I move on to the next type, easier for me to keep em all straight LOL. I'll probably run into it soon then because those side quest types are next for me even though I don't need the Bully thing now. I'll have plenty of money so no worry about playing it though, I'm trying to fine ways to spend money now, I can't carry anymore LOL

Thanks for the input.

[quote user="Jokul81"]

I'm with Dirty Harry, but it isn't a main quest its a side quest on the second island called Fathers Burden. You have to go to a poker game where the buy ins are riduculosly high like $1,000 buy in instead of $250. By side quest I mean a blue ! mark rather than any other type.

[/quote]

Now that you mention it, I think you're right. I must have had a few more beers than I thought that night. lol