Poker! = dumbest achievement in gaming history

I really can't figure out what's going on with this one. I've been playing poker dice (and I'm on my second play through) and have yet to get this achievement. Last night I did an experiment, I played for several hours and didn't get 5 of a kind once. Meanwhile, the computer controlled opponents ended up getting a total of 5 of a kind 5 times. Do you have to play someone who's drunk to get this so they ignore the fact that you have 4 of a kind then want to roll again? This is so frustrating!

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 8 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Get over it and enjoy the game...Cant understand why some have to get every single achievement in a game...

I think that achievement is a "mooohahaha" achievement for all the achievement hunters...

So bascialy what you're saying is that  a company would ask that you pay $60 on a game where they included a challenge/achievement or whatever just to annoy you...interesting!

No they included the achievement and challenges just as an incentive to keep playing the game or the original plan for achievments was for the purpose to buy a 360 over a ps3 but of course they added trophies 1/3 of the way through its cycle.

Yeah, I was just being sarcastic with that other guy. I like playing the game for what it is, but I also enjoy obtaining the achivements. When you talk to some people they think it's a sin to go after achievements or that you can't do both (enjoy the game and get achievements). With this achievement it's just extremely frustrating. I can see if it was something like, "oh yeah, you gotta talk to this guy and he'll give you a way to cheat at dice poker or play this dude and you'll be able to beat him cuz he's drunk all the time"...but it's just dumb luck. I'm no stranger to hard achievements. I finished Dead Space 2 on the hardest difficulty with only 3 saves. But this is mind-boggling stupid that the AI players can't get multiple 5 of a kind in the matter of an hour or so...but nothing for me! I just don't understand it...?

odds dictate that you will get it sooner or later. took me a week from getting the game to unlock this one.

What you have to do is find The yellow ribbon in one of the houses in the non human district then go to the forest and find the ancient oak tree near the waterfall and finally tie the yellow ribbon round the old oak tree.

I have got 5 of a kind 4 different times now and it has not unlocked. I did them on the first roll though. It is a very dumb achievement. I like to try and get 1000/1000 if I can, but it won't happen on this game. Oh well.

E-A-G-L-E-S EAGLES!

Yes, the secret Tony Orlando & Dawn achievement....interesting.....lmao...

this was the last achievement I needed (along with the arrow one which I missed)  I was about to give up on it when I finally got it.  I hate random achievements.....but glad I finally completed the game...

I swear some of the NPCs are using loaded dice... I got 5x5's the one time and the NPC got 5x6's.

Also how is it that the NPC can raise yet I can't (or is that the second betting thing... I don't play Poker at all)?