Please remove the disc change requirement for installed multi-disc games.

Like the topic says, please remove the disc change requirement for installed multi-disc games. Just make disc #1 required to be inserted at all times, that way MS wouldn't risk losing any sales from lending the other discs to friends etc.

I can't think of any reason for not changing this, especially when the PC works like this and the PS3 fits all content on one disc. Games that allow you to play through one disc at a time aren't that bad, but games that require constant disc changing, like Mass Effect, gets really tedious.

If you agree with this, please make your voice heard.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

It'd be nice but they have to account for those people who don't have hard drives.

Well Obviously, if they don't have hard Drives they wouldn't be able to install the game in the first place, so they would have to swap the disks anyway just to play.

Don't know why they haven't done it already; doing so would stop all the griping about having to change discs....

Haha.  I think it is just more of a gripe right now with Mass Effect 3.  You have to change the disc like three times within the first hour, and then you have to go back to disc 1 for the last mission.  It would be nice, but I think there is too much of a compromise with pirates and hackers by not requiring the swapping of discs for multiple discs games.  I wish it wasn't the case.  I just think that is the biggest issue against it.

^ That does seem a bit excessive in ME3...I'd be annoyed to switch discs that many times.

[quote user="voteDC"]

It'd be nice but they have to account for those people who don't have hard drives.

[/quote]

No ones saying you won't be able to use the 2nd disc if you don't install games. Obviously if you don't install any way then you'd just play the game as normal and change disc, but if you have them both installed then should just run off the first disc at all times.

Ditto

I could care less. It takes all of 15 seconds to change the disc and it's never an inconvenience. Some people complain about dumb things like this, in my opinion.

What could make you are less about the time it takes to swap discs?

-

While I'd like the ability to play with just the one disc it isn't possible because why make two different types when everyone can disc swap.

Erm. It's not a dumb thing at all so your oppinion stinks, like everyone else who shouts that remark. It's not the nineties anymore and disc changing should be a thing of the past.

In your effort to be smart answer me this..

Why does Mass Effect 3 take up sixteen gigs of Hardrive space but you still have to change the disc?

On the same note, have some conspiracy...

Microsoft have cottoned on to the fact you the drive was not booting up and being worn enough. If you dont have the disc drive wearing out  and your games are all sitting on a HDD you will start to not sell many more 360's (And why would you, your product is not dying and people are not buying..)

Ever noticed that most new games have the disc drive running on for much longer than it should? Even though the game is installed?

Put that in your pipe and smoke it :)