Please investigate!

To whom it may concern,

Two people on my friends list are using modded consoles. I have tried to report them but nothing has happened so I am turning to the forums. They get their games for free using pirate bay and other torrent sites. They are currently playing Resident Evil which again they downloaded illegally. I am tired of them getting things for free while I pay $60+ for each individual game. Please investigate these cases and you will see I am telling the truth.

Their Gamertags are [mod removed: do not name and shame] (US) and  [mod removed: do not name and shame] (UK)

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

calling out gametags on the forum is against the rules reporting them is your one and only option.  the guys who handle bans and suspensions get tons of reports give it time.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

This isn't something that just started they've been doing it for over 6 months now. I don't care if this account breaks the forum rules whats important is they get stopped. I came on here to report them and that's what I will do. It's getting ridiculous, how can Microsoft not do anything about this? They have literally stolen hundreds of dollars worth of video games.  

Sorry this didn't help.

as i said reporting tags on forums is NOT allowed the method of reporting from the console is the only way the complaints reach the PET the guys who handle bans and suspensions.  it is not an instant action they have to investigate EACH complaint before passing the ban/suspension.  do not be surprised if a moderator removes the tags you named and shamed in your first post, have a nice day.

Sorry this didn't help.

If you're so against them why are they on your friends list? If it were me I'd report them then get them the hell off my list.

Sorry this didn't help.

yeah was curious about that too also if you block communication with them and send a message it removes the block on that person's account.

Sorry this didn't help.

I'd be more interested in the OP's online account instead of his silver posting account. For all we know he could be as nefarious as he claims his 'friends' are. It happens all the time, 'friends' have a falling out and they turn each other in to get back at one another. 

Use the console to file a complaint against them so the XBL PET can review the complaint, investigate it (if it is a valid complaint) and take the necessary actions. The system works you just need to give it some time as it is not instant. That and people keep coming here to report offenders which does absolutely nothing since it is not the approved/authorized method of reporting. 

Sorry this didn't help.

Greetings, Frozen. The best way to get this situation looked at is to file a complaint via your console as Tem has suggested. Here's how to do so: support.xbox.com/.../chat-terms-of-use-conduct. Taking these steps will ensure that the issue gets addressed as expeditiously as possible. Please let me know if you have any further questions.

As a side note, in the future please do not call out specific gamertags in the forums. Thank you in advance for your cooperation!

Sorry this didn't help.