Please can there be a MLB Official game next year?

It may not be a gigantic seller but there is a huge glaring gap between the PS4 and the Xbox One, and that is a legitimate MLB game. MLB: The Show is consistently a great game that has a big following and while there is a snowball's chance in hell it ports to the 360/One I really think EA (or even 2K) needs to step in and get a licensing deal with the MLB and release a baseball game.

I understand the last few years of MLB 2k games have been god awful (and for some reason I keep buying them every year) but it was something. It was a fully licensed game that had updated rosters and somewhat decent gameplay.. They just need to improve on the CPU Fielders and other glitches and the game would be a great rival to The Show. EA releases Madden every single year and manages to put out a very good product (yes it has its flaws but it is a great NFL simulator) and you could bring back the MVP name which still has clout with a lot of gamers from back in the original Xbox / PS2 days and get a good following from the get go. Even 2k could do something special if they were able pull their head's out of their butts when it came to baseball, and release a game as good as their NBA product - it would outsell The Show without question.

Hopefully other people on here agree there needs to be a legitimate MLB game for the Xbox for 2015...

Discussion Info

Last updated September 13, 2018 Views 33 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Your first line says it all, its not a huge seller.

I think they need to at least give us an xbox one baseball sim.

I'm indifferent on a baseball game coming to the One as I haven't played a baseball game (sans Nicktoons MLB) in ages.  It would really have to be a gift from MS to make one though as with the cost of development and licensing fees they'd more than likely lose money on the product due to the lack of sales it would have.  Keep in mind that baseball is really only popular in America, Korea & Japan, and the latter of those 3 is mostly a Sony country.

Does it annoy anybody else that that's fine? What Eggnogga said, "...mostly a Sony country." This is off-topic but it irritates me. There are articles online from legit video-game journalists at places like Destructoid, Kotaku, CVG, and Edge, that basically state why Microsoft's Xbox will not do well in those markets.

It's not because the price-points are too high, or because the products aren't up to snuff, or even that the library of games isn't appealing to the Japanese audience. It's because the product isn't Japanese - because it is American. lol This is apparently accepted by all, including mainstream media.

Can you imagine if all of North America essentially boycotted Japanese goods BECAUSE they were Japanese? The PC police would riot. I think. lol There's something a little jaded about how everybody is fine with North American products tanking in a market BECAUSE they're North American products. It irritates me. lol

I'd like a new baseball game.  I play all the big sports games.  But it is not the end all be all if I do not get one.  Between, NFL, Hockey, UFC and the new PGA Tour game I should be happy

are at lest give xbox one something beside rbi baseball. i would not care if it was release every two to three years.

If it means that much to you save up and get a PS4. You'll get to play the show and a bunch of other great games. No game EA or 2K is going to make will be as good as the show and MS isn't going to make a first part MLB game, so there's only one option.

Can we please have a legitmate MLB baseball game for xbox owners because last year the only baseball game on xbox that was new was RBI baseball and that game was not good at all i tried the demo and i did not like it one bit i am getting an xbox one in January and i hope that we can get a official mlb game with amazing next gen graphics and gameplay along with fun modes whether 2K comes back to baseball or EA brings MVP baseball out of retirement and do to the fact mlb sports games may not be big sellers there are many mlb fans that will buy PS4's just to get MLB the show now since xbox doesn't have a legitimate MLB game anymore so can Microsoft please talk to 2K or EA about getting xbox owners a MLB game that the community on Xbox can be exicited for

What if they did High Heat for a year or 2 without MLB licensing? Let the community do the editing and if it gains enough steam the can add MLB licensing in a couple of years. It would give them more money to make the game look and play great.

I would like to see another MLB 2K.  Personally, I think that MLB 2K was better than Madden.  Madden has been awful for the past several years, especially a couple years ago when they switched the Infinity Engine and players bent oddly and limbs were all over the place. But Football is more popular than Baseball for numerous reasons.  I would like to see Take Two give MLB another go.  But it is unlikely.