Playthrough 2 Can't Turn in the Shield to Zed

I just started my playthrough 2 run and right at the beginning of the game i'm suppose to buy a shield from the vending machine and then turn it in to Dr Zed. When I buy the shield, it doesn't check off the box and the mission remains in progress. There literally seems to be no way to get past this point so I can continue playing. Does anyone know a solution or workaround on this?

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 5 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

[quote user="ThriLL KapsuLE"]

I just started my playthrough 2 run and right at the beginning of the game i'm suppose to buy a shield from the vending machine and then turn it in to Dr Zed. When I buy the shield, it doesn't check off the box and the mission remains in progress. There literally seems to be no way to get past this point so I can continue playing. Does anyone know a solution or workaround on this? (Fixer Upper mission)

[/quote]

does it say keep your insides inside

Similar thread here.  It MAY help you

[quote user="ChickinOnaChain"]

Similar thread here.  It MAY help you

[/quote]

Thanks Chickin, I checked out that other thread that you kindly directed me too but unfortunately, there was no solution to my problem contained therein. Does anybody know anything on how to correct this?

@ Crawsaurus Rex - It's the very first missions where you have to turn in your shield to the doctor so you can proceed into the game. When I purchase the shield, it doesn't check off the box so I can turn it in. It's very frustrating because it breaks the game for playthrough 2. Any suggestions and I would be very grateful.

i might have a way too help you i have to check which of the 32 characters i have is close and u can join my game.lol.it shouldnt say the host is too far in the story line.thats a legit way the second option is going to hack the darn thing but just saying the xbox is still the intellectual property of microsoft so they can ban you.whats your default playthrough 2 mission i have to find which character is close.

There’s a solution but few are able to fix it, Gearbox really needs to patch this, and should if they care about their game.

The basic solution is to never join randoms games, and if you do join with the character that has the 'Keep Your Insides Inside'

On your good character, always 'Host' then that character will not get the undoable mission quest.

Your fix is to start a new character, and never join other people’s games, only Host public games.

Rename your character with names that will remind you of what character you are using. Like ‘Glitch’ for the bad character or Sick, and give your good character a Hero name, or call it Host. Then when you play and switch characters you’ll know what one has the undoable ‘Mission’ it will help stop the spread.

You can transfer items from one character to another using a second controller and free account with a split screen Mule (see the old forum on how to do that)

We should really Demand that Gearbox to fix this issue.

[quote user="ThriLL KapsuLE"]

Thanks Chickin, I checked out that other thread that you kindly directed me too but unfortunately, there was no solution to my problem contained therein. Does anybody know anything on how to correct this?

@ Crawsaurus Rex - It's the very first missions where you have to turn in your shield to the doctor so you can proceed into the game. When I purchase the shield, it doesn't check off the box so I can turn it in. It's very frustrating because it breaks the game for playthrough 2. Any suggestions and I would be very grateful.

[/quote]

[quote user="CosmicStrike"]

There’s a solution but few are able to fix it, Gearbox really needs to patch this, and should if they care about their game.

The basic solution is to never join randoms games, and if you do join with the character that has the 'Keep Your Insides Inside'

On your good character, always 'Host' then that character will not get the undoable mission quest.

Your fix is to start a new character, and never join other people’s games, only Host public games.

Rename your character with names that will remind you of what character you are using. Like ‘Glitch’ for the bad character or Sick, and give your good character a Hero name, or call it Host. Then when you play and switch characters you’ll know what one has the undoable ‘Mission’ it will help stop the spread.

You can transfer items from one character to another using a second controller and free account with a split screen Mule (see the old forum on how to do that)

We should really Demand that Gearbox to fix this issue.

[/quote]

Aaah, it's the virus I have heard about so that's what this is all about. I joined one online multiplayer co-op match and that must've been the one that infected the game files. Thanks for the heads up, Cosmic, I really appreciate that you took the time to explain this. I will remember to never to join stranger danger matches with my precious Borderlands characters.

[quote user="robot TOFUninja"]

i might have a way too help you i have to check which of the 32 characters i have is close and u can join my game.lol.it shouldnt say the host is too far in the story line.thats a legit way the second option is going to hack the darn thing but just saying the xbox is still the intellectual property of microsoft so they can ban you.whats your default playthrough 2 mission i have to find which character is close.

[/quote]

Soldier: level 24 Codename: War Kapsule

Berserker: level 5 Codename: Brick Kapsule

Siren: level 69 Codname: ThrLL KapsuLE

Hunter: level 6 Codename: Blood Kapsule

that doesnt tell me anything level 24 more likely pass the new haven area doesnt say default mission  it could the part where u talk to claptrap and talk to tannis for the first up to krom kanyon-level 5 and 6 will be in fyrestone with the  shield quest up to cleaning up the 8 bandits. obviously level 69 finished armory assault and main default either destroy the destroyer or find steele.the main default mission whatever it switches to  after you turn in a side mission not counting bugs like keep your insides inside

[quote user="robot TOFUninja"]

that doesnt tell me anything level 24 more likely pass the new haven area doesnt say default mission  it could the part where u talk to claptrap and talk to tannis for the first up to krom kanyon-level 5 and 6 will be in fyrestone with the  shield quest up to cleaning up the 8 bandits. obviously level 69 finished armory assault and main default either destroy the destroyer or find steele.the main default mission whatever it switches to  after you turn in a side mission not counting bugs like keep your insides inside

[/quote]

I have no clue what you are talking about. I gave all the information that I have about the situation but thanks anyways for giving it a shot. I have some friends that play Borderlands and I will ask them to assist me in finishing the mission (if it's possible) so I can continue playthrough 2 and if not, i'll get back to it when my soldier is level 69.