Playing Video on SkyDrive App

Attempting to play uploaded phone videos through sky drive on the xbox one is cruel punishment for my captive family audience.  I would say this feature is not working, it continually stops and starts, and never seems to fully buffer or cache.

Plenty of bandwidth, Netflix and Xbox video seems to work flawlessly.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 22 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Do you happen to be in the UK?  I've seen people report slow sky drive in the UK. Do you have any local machines/desktops that are trying to sync/replicate the uploaded content at the same time? Does it mostly impact new videos or even videos you published a few days ago?

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

I'm in the US, the files are older uploaded a month ago by my phones sync feature to skydrive.  I have a duel band WIFI router and a PC and xbox one on the network with a 15Mbps internet connection.  The content all co-exists on the Win8.1 machine, but I need to stream it from skydrive because XBOX one doesn't support DLNA browsing with Widnows. ugh

Anyways all other streaming from Netflix to Xbox Store all work really well actually.

Sorry this didn't help.

So you're actually trying to watch content on the Xbox one via skydrive and its content from your phone. What type of phone is it? do you know the bitrate/framerate of the content you're trying to watch?  If you watch it from your skydrive folder on the windows 8.1 machine, does it suffer the same slowness?

Sorry this didn't help.

I have a windows phone it takes 1920x1080 videos with 20 Mbps bitrate anywhere from 30sec to 60sec length. Actually the IE version of SkyDrive video player also doesn't play very well, here or at work using IE11.  

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey z0987654345678,

Sorry to hear you're having issues with your Skydrive app.

One thing I would recommend trying is the "Image Stutters or is Slow to Refresh" suggestion in our Video on Xbox One article.

You may also want to try opening the app and saying "Xbox, Help" to get some suggestions specifically for that app. 

Sorry this didn't help.

I want to add that I am also having issues with the OneDrive/SkyDrive app and MP4 videos that I have uploaded via my Windows Phone.  After recording a video with Windows Phone I have it set to keep the video full quality and it will upload it automatically.  That works fine.

When I open the OneDrive app on Xbox One and select the video it will take about 5 seconds to start and play for about 6 to 10 seconds, stop, wait about 8 seconds, play again for 6 to 10 seconds, stop, repeats over and over.

The OneDrive/SkyDrive web site from my PC it plays just fine, from the OneDrive app on Windows Phone it plays just fine.  But it doesn't on the Xbox One.

When will this be fixed?  This has been happening since I purchased the Xbox One in December 2013 so the upgraded OneDrive app didn't resolve it.

Thanks.

Sorry this didn't help.

I am also having this exact same issue and it is frustrating. I will capture pictures and videos on my Windows phone, as soon as I get home the pics and videos automatically upload to OneDrive. I open the OneDrive app on my Xbox One and everything is there. I browse the pics without any problem, but the videos are simple not buffering enough or something, they will play for maybe 5 seconds, pause for 10, play for 8, pause for 15, play for 20, etc. It is very inconsistent and annoying. The Xbox One does so much and is great, but this is the one feature I use a lot and actually show off to friends and family and when this happens it just makes MS look bad in their eyes and they say stuff like "Yeah, it appears there are still bugs, I will wait another year or so to get one if at all".

I would have no problem waiting longer if needed for the video to start so it can buffer more, but the constant stopping and starting once it starts has got to go....PLEASE!!!

Sorry this didn't help.

i can confirm that skydrive/onedrive does not buffer adequately or scale down video quality for the internet connection.  I have a very fast internet connection and youtube and other streaming sites play fine at 1080p.

This happens on all devices, whether its my phone, xbox 360, xbox one, pc or mac.

It seems skydive just isn't built for streaming ,  i really hope they work on this.

Sorry this didn't help.

I found somewhat of a work around which actually does a decent job but takes SkyDrive out of the loop. Which is disappointing because skydrive has a nice ten foot interface for media. Anyways with a local computer which is sync'd to skydrive or just has photo and videos shared via Windows Media player device, I use Smart Player app for windows phone. which is free and plays to the xbox one simply with little to no setup. It also supports dropbox, skydrive, soundcloud, Drive, Picasa, youtube, not sure of the quality of playback through any of these. But the local computer to xbox works nice and auto discovered all the media profiles on my local machine between the wife and kids and my account.

Sorry this didn't help.

Okay I don't know if this is among the same issue but I am having trouble viewing videos on my xbox360 everytime i try to watch them its gives an error code 23

Sorry this didn't help.