Playing recordable media in bluray player.. DVD-R & BD-R

Hi, I'm not sure if this has been raised or not but I can't seam to play any rewritable media on the Xbox One bluray player. This causes real issues for me as i am a professional Marine videographer and cannot play any of my show reels on the xbox.. I was hoping to replace my current bluray player with the xbox but now rather than having an all in one media system I have 2 boxes under my tv.. Further to that I cannot play any of my holiday videos or wedding video on my xbox one.. Is this fixable.? Has anyone been able yo play BD-R.? Hope this can be sorted as I'm starting to regret my choice, as the "other" choice of games system can reportedly play them.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 322 Applies to:

Hey o Big Rich o,

From everything I read, BD-R is not supported as of right now but mastered Blu-ray disc's are. I do see how ever that DVD-R's should play. You can try however, to save a video on your Skydrive then stream it to your Xbox one.

Reach back and let me know what you find.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

I can confirm this.  Cannot read BD-R but can read DVD-R

Sorry this didn't help.

Well this is crap. If MS wants Xbox One to be the one device to rule them all, not playing my home movies burned to BD-R means i still need to keep a standalone bluray player in addition to my Xbox. I just checked and PS4 does support BD-R. I guess that's just one more reason to prefer PS4 over XB1

Sorry this didn't help.

As the only Bluray player in the world that doesn't play BD-R, the XBOX needs a disclaimer on the cardboard box as it is very deceptive without one. I purchased an XBOX ONE S to replace my aging Sony PS3 and this is forcing me to return my XBOX as the even the PS3 works with BD-R no problems.

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey Player434193811 - 

This thread is nearly 3 years old. We appreciate the feedback though so be sure to head over to the Xbox Feedback site and find a related thread to vote for. 

If you encounter any additional support related issues, please do create a new thread detailing the issue as much as possible to allow the community to best assist. 

Thanks for understanding! :)

Sorry this didn't help.