playing original games

i updated my xbox today via usb, (older white xbox 360).  i put in my gta san andreas disc, it asks me play gta san andreas?, then tells me this game is not supported, check for updates on xbox live of xbox.com/games or something of the sort.  got a hankerin to play this game again and very frustrated that i cannot. anyone know a way around this.  btw i have a microsoft hard drive and tried clearing my cache. 

please help, because i cant play this game its become a neccesity that i do.  

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 5 Applies to:

Check this list en.m.wikipedia.org/.../List_of_Xbox_games_compatible_with_Xbox_360 also be advised it probably is not working due to the update not being on the HDD. Try downloading the update directly to your consoles HDD and not the USB stick

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

You have to get the update that allows emulation of GTA.  There is a specific download for each of the original xbox games that is supported.  Seeing as you updated via USB I am not sure how to go about obtaining the download to update that the same way, but if possible you can just connect the 360 to live even if you are silver the download will start as soon as you run the game.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.