Playing online

I just purchased battlefield 3 & have redeemed me online pass that came with the game. However it still says I need to activate my account?

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 2 Applies to:

If this is the account you're trying to play with, you need a gold membership. Gold is required to play on Xbox Live.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Usually, activation requires you checking your email to "activate" your account by clicking a link.  It's a way to ensure that you are in fact a human.

Sorry this didn't help.

I know it is not the same issue, but, I had the 1 Month free trial of gold with the purchase of my console.  This expired on the 1st of this month.  When I went to play GOW3 on-line last night, it told me that I could not.  Is the reason what you stated above?  Do I need a gold membership to play the on-line games?  I thought that the free option would still let me play, just not with all the "perks" of a gold.  Please help.  Any information you provide would be great.

Sorry this didn't help.

Gold membership is required for online gameplay and to access certain features like Netflix, facebook, etc. Free members can connect to Live and send messages and download content, but cannot play online multiplayer.

Sorry this didn't help.

This is helpful.  I just got the message last night.  I started looking into it, and made it to the Epic sight.  There were alot of posts on their forums stating that the message meant the user was banned.  I started to get worried.  Once I made it to this web site, I figured out that it tells you that you are banned in the message....  Someone may want to add that to an FAQ board.  Might save some people a little heart ache in the future.  Thanks again for the help.

Sorry this didn't help.