Playing on both the Xbox 360 and Xbox One with the same game save

Ok, I am currently playing Ghosts multiplayer on my 360. And I'm playing both upstairs on the bedroom tv and downstairs depending on what time of day it is. When the Xbox One arrives next week would I be able to have one machine upstairs and one downstairs and play multiplayer between each machine if my game save is stored in the cloud? I don't mean play both at the same time, rather play one for a time and when needed move to the other room and carry on with a different machine?

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 5 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

I imagine the server stats would carry from the 360 to the One but not backwards, not sure though.

You stats are transferrable within the same console family. If you go to the One from 360, your stats carry over and viceversa (I'd surmise after 360-to-One).

The only thing that doesn't go over is your single player save.

chose usb stick for save data^?

^

No backwards compatibility,

Yeah...nothing you do on the 360 will be transferred over to the One.  In case you have not read (and you have not!) there is no backwards compatibility.  Each console, altho the discs have the same name, requires two different discs due to the fact that each console is designed different from the other.  So based on that fact, nothing you save on the 360 can be used on the One.

This is also means you cannot play the 360 disc on the One.  No system link with the consoles either and no online play together between the two.

Thanks for the replies. I'm aware that that of course the disk from each machine would not work in the other. It was more the multiplayer game save stored in the cloud be able to be read by each machine, allowing me to play the same multiplayer profile.

All appreciated, many thanks

[quote user="RED SHIFT1"]

Yeah...nothing you do on the 360 will be transferred over to the One.  In case you have not read (and you have not!) there is no backwards compatibility.

[/quote]

Clearly you have not read the fact that it has been confirmed since the MP reveal that your MP progression will carry over to next gen. So please know what you're talking about before you make smartass comments.

Huh...ok. then.  My mistake.

I am going to be in the same boat, I am going to keep playing the 360 version as well as my Xbone version. Not all my friends are getting Xbone right away. From what I understand, progress I make in MP will carry back and forth between consoles because all stats, rank and what not are linked to my gamertag/profile or whatever and not the console. So if I rank up on Xbox 360 and then go and play on Xbone that rank should reflect there as well.