Playing Netflix over my Roko Box while playing MW3 simultaneously

Hello all.  I am having a problem with my internet.  I recently purchased a Motorola SB 6121 and net gear WNDR3400v2 router.  And i cannot for the life of me play any multiplayer MW3 while my wife is watching Netflix upstairs on the Roku.  The speed test of my cable is anywhere from 10mbps-15mbps down and 1.5mbps-3mbps up.  Is there anyway i can throttle all the bandwidth to the xbox first (which is wired to the modem) before it wirelessly goes upstairs to the roku?  It seems i am paying too much money to only be able to do one thing at a time.  Please advise. thanks

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

oh and i tried enabling the QoS setup, because i know the ports XBL use, but not which ports roku use, so i have it set on highest for the XBL ports, but nothing for the Roku.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Apparently, the Roku box is supposed to use ports 80 and 443 on TCP. (forums.roku.com/viewtopic.php)

I recently had a similar problem with multiple systems in my house. I was connecting my 360 to my router with an ethernet and using multiple other devices wirelessly. My 360 was disconnecting alot, so I unplugged my router and modem for 15 minutes and reset them to their defaults. After doing so, I left my Xbox on the wireless connection and I haven't had any problems since. (Not really sure why this worked, but it's working for me, so it might be a solution for you)

Sorry this didn't help.

okay cool i'll try those ports.  any idea why the cable speed cannot handle both devices simultaneously?  i heard i may be able to knock down the quality of the netflix stream and get better results...

Sorry this didn't help.

I can tell you from personal experience that you do not have enough bandwidth. I run my 360 wired and my daughter's wirelessly so she can watch Netflix with 20 Megs and i still have horrible lag in multiplayer. It can barely keep up at 20 Megs when she isn't here. I am upgrading to 30 Megs on Weds and if that isn't enough i may need to go to 50 Megs to play while she watches her Netflix.

Sorry this didn't help.

Same here. I'm on 30 Mbps already and I'm still having a few lag issues just between a laptop  using YouTube and my 360.

Sorry this didn't help.

ok thanks for the info, that is the fastest i can get in my area at this time, but the rep from the cable company said they are almost done with the high speed docsis 3.0 upgrades and i will be able to get 50 mbps at least for the price i am paying now.  my old cable company got bought out so he told me as soon as its done i'll get the free upgrade or keep my speed at a reduced price.  thanks

Sorry this didn't help.