Playing computer games on the Xbox.

I own Red Faction: Guerrilla and Fable 3 on the computer, I bought both through Steam. Every time I play either they asks for me to log in with my Live account, if I don’t then it does not allow me to  play the game. So I figured that I would be able to download my account onto the Xbox and play both games there instead of on my computer which does not have a graphics card making games chunky. I downloaded my gamer account with no problem, but it does not register that I have either of the games. I would prefer that I don’t buy and start over in both of the games again just for the Xbox, so I am looking for suggestions as to what should I do.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 5 Applies to:

You cannot 'port' over your pc games to the Xbox.  If you want to play them on Xbox, you must purchase them, either in the store or via the Games on Demand.  :(

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

I was not really meaning to port the games themselves as much as bring my characters from the said games to the Xbox, and having the Xbox recognize that I own those games so that I can download them on the Xbox

Sorry this didn't help.

Unfortunately, the PC and Xbox versions of the games don't mesh. They are considered different formats, much like Wii and PS3. You simply cannot access the content from one version on another version.

Sorry this didn't help.