Playing Atari Anthology on xbox 360 kinect

hello, from what I've read on these forumns I should be able to play this game.  I have an xbox 360 slim harddrive, but the game will not install.  I'm asked to download the game again, but I have a disc.  I've read that I should have a button to install but I only get install or eject.  I have tried two different copies of the game with same results.  Is there a difference between an orginal xbox 360 harddrive and an xbox 360 s harddrive?

Thanks,

AlyceO

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 221 Applies to:

Correction to my pst I have play and eject as options.  Sorry!

AlyceO

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Hello,

To install the game, you need to highlight the game disc when on the home menu (same place you see play and eject).  A new option should appear to press X for game details I believe, one of those options after pressing X is to install the game.

However, with that said the game you are trying to play is an Xbox 1 game correct?.  With the original Xbox Model games, there is no option to install the game to the HDD and therefore, you can only run the game off its disk, or from the download version off the Market Place should it happen to be there.

Lastly, you will require an Xbox Hard Drive in order to play the game, so if your Slim is a 4gig model, the game will not load. Likewise, the HDD for Xbox must be an official model created by Microsoft and not a third party knockoff.

I hope this helps.

Sorry this didn't help.

When I put the original xbox  game in the console and it appears on the menu I see the play atarti anthology icon and the only button options are A for select or Y for eject.  i get an error the game couldn't start.  Try downloading agai.  I have installed an offical xbox 360 s  320GB OEM harddrive which stopped the original error that I needed a harddrive but has since lead to the new error.  We have another older xbox game lollipop chainsaw and it works.  I have tried two different game disks and same results.  Any other ideas?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey there Foil!

Since Lollipop Chainsaw is an Xbox 360 game, it doesn't really help us troubleshoot whether or not your console is having an issue with original Xbox games. Do you have another original Xbox game that you can try on your Xbox 360 console? Here's a list of original Xbox games that should be compatible with the Xbox 360 console: http://support.xbox.com/games/play-original-games.

Also, do you have a friend or anyone nearby that has the same type of console as you with a larger than 4 gig hard drive? If you do, take your game over to their console and see if it'll let you play it there. That'll give us a hint as to whether or not it's an issue specific to your console.

Definitely post back and let us know how it goes! 

Sorry this didn't help.

I tried the atari anthology disc on another xbox 30 purchased in 2003/2004 and it worked. I have an xbo 360 kinect purchased in 2010 any ideas on why it won't play on my xbox?

Thanks,

AlyceO

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey foil. Hmmm...maybe your hard drive just doesn't have the software needed to run original Xbox games? Which it should...since you said you have an Xbox official hard drive, not a knock-off (right?)

Do you have any other original Xbox games that you can try on your console to see if it'll work for you? 

Sorry this didn't help.

I tried two other xbox games and they did not play either.  If it doesn't have the correct software how can I obtain it?  I always run the updates and had to install some just recently.  I have to the best of my knowledge an official xbox 360 slim 250gb harddrive is that the correct type or is there a harddrive specifically for old xbox games?

Thanks,

AlyceO

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey there Foil. That's almost definitely your holdup then. You need to have an official Xbox 360 hard drive. The emulator software needed to run original Xbox games comes standard on the hard drive. There's no way to obtain the emulator software other than on a hard drive.

I'm not sure where you bought your hard drive, but if it was sold to you on the pretext that it was an official Xbox 360 hard drive, I would return it to the retailer and exchange it for an official one. If you bought it from a friend or something like that, you'll need to purchase an official Xbox 360 hard drive to be able to play those original Xbox games.

I hope this helps and you get it all sorted! ^_^ 

Sorry this didn't help.