Playing any game freezes the system

So, basically, everytime I try to play a game ( tested with Halo 4 and AC: Revelations ) the console freezes completely after some time ingame. The freeze is obvious since the screen gets these weird stuff on it, the sounds get cut and the image stays still. No input makes anything work. The only solution out of it is to make a force shutdown. Both of these games have worked wonder for hours in previous session. This type of freeze first appeared after an update in the beggining of November. At first I though it was a disc problem, so I installed Halo 4 but the problem remained. I also tried clearing the cashe and the problem persists. My Xbox 360 is an original one, with 16GB. Is there any solution for my problem?

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

After the freezing, is the console getting quite hot? It could be that recently the processor has come under strain (possibly because of the update) and is overheating, causing the freeze. Also try powering off the console, unplugging it from the power source, and then plugging it back in, this has fixed problems for me personally.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Your solution seemed to work out... but only for a time. I did the unplug and unplug thing and was able tomdo a couple of Halo 4 games, but on the 3rd, crash.

The console doesn't seem to be overheating though, it seems to be on a normal temperature and there isn't added noise.

Sorry this didn't help.

I'm having this exact problem also except unplugging the power source doesnt help.  Mine locks up in halo 4 right after it shows the "4" then freezes.  The game loads with the hard drive removed.  Any ideas or fixes?  I noticed it happened a few times in Madden 13 and got worse and worse until now it wont even read.  I cleared sys cach and uninstalled updates, had to reset 3 times to get it to install updates because it would freeze up before they could finish.  Help?

Sorry this didn't help.

If it loads without your hard drive in then it's a problem with your hard drive. It may be faulty.

Sorry this didn't help.

So could i load halo on a usb and play it off that?

Sorry this didn't help.

It's possible, but buying a new hard drive would surely fix your problem.

Sorry this didn't help.